Milan 08: Italian designer Joe Velluto presented an installation containing a video performance that could be watched from a number of positions.
Called M.A.S.T. - Modulo Abilitativo Sensoriale Transitivo or Transitive Sensory Living Module - the project was commissioned by floor coverings brand Novabell.
The video performance was created in collaboration with Marco Chiurato.
Thanks to Grenzy for the photos.
Here's some text about the project:
M.A.S.T. Modulo Abilitativo Sensoriale Transitivo - Transitive Sensory Living Module, is a new way of entering into contact with materials, spaces and reality.
A project designed by the studio JoeVelluto for Novabell, leader company in the high quality ceramic surfaces sector, M.A.S.T. has set out to become the key to alternative understanding, a different viewpoint from which to watch, live and feel the constitutive element –the project matrix – in all its dimensions.
M.A.S.T is a sensory experiment along a practicable road that subverts the concept of space, exclusively designed to stimulate perceptive happenings in which you can be both actor and spectator and where you can look, touch, observe and be observed.
The project has one purpose: to rouse you out of physical and perceptive passiveness through the interaction of space and sensations bringing you to the discovery of the porcelain tile Shine You are (not) here: M.A.S.T... Please feel.
- VOID V01 copper at Dezeen Watch Store
- Frames Wall by Gerard de Hoop
- Landscape Abbreviated by Nova Jiang
- Outrace by Kram/Weisshaar for Trafalga…r Square
- Luke Jerram transforms Bristol's Park …Street into 90 metre water slide
- Nendo reimagines the Navy Chair to cre…ate new stool for Emeco
- Peter William Holden’s Frankensteini…an robots perform dance routines to music
- Partrica Urquiola – Purely Porcelain… at the Design Museum
- Recycled marble dust used to create si…mple homeware range by Francesca Gattello
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories