Milan 08: Italian designer Joe Velluto presented an installation containing a video performance that could be watched from a number of positions.
Called M.A.S.T. - Modulo Abilitativo Sensoriale Transitivo or Transitive Sensory Living Module - the project was commissioned by floor coverings brand Novabell.
The video performance was created in collaboration with Marco Chiurato.
Thanks to Grenzy for the photos.
Here's some text about the project:
M.A.S.T. Modulo Abilitativo Sensoriale Transitivo - Transitive Sensory Living Module, is a new way of entering into contact with materials, spaces and reality.
A project designed by the studio JoeVelluto for Novabell, leader company in the high quality ceramic surfaces sector, M.A.S.T. has set out to become the key to alternative understanding, a different viewpoint from which to watch, live and feel the constitutive element –the project matrix – in all its dimensions.
M.A.S.T is a sensory experiment along a practicable road that subverts the concept of space, exclusively designed to stimulate perceptive happenings in which you can be both actor and spectator and where you can look, touch, observe and be observed.
The project has one purpose: to rouse you out of physical and perceptive passiveness through the interaction of space and sensations bringing you to the discovery of the porcelain tile Shine You are (not) here: M.A.S.T... Please feel.
- Morgans by Andrée Putman for Emeco
- Galileo's Telescope by Odoardo Fioravant…i
- Sensual Wave installation illuminates an… empty dock at La Grande-Motte harbour
- Li Edelkoort exhibits Issey Miyake garme…nts at Design Museum Holon
- Barber and Osgerby draw on the colours o…f London for tile range
- Work out at your desk with Darryl Agawin…'s Balance Stool
- Kulle daybed by Stefanie Schissler featu…res a bobbly surface
- Aluminium animals by Eleanor Trevisanutt…o disguise CCTV cameras
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Victoria Spruc…e
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories