Milan 08: Italian designer Joe Velluto presented an installation containing a video performance that could be watched from a number of positions.
Called M.A.S.T. - Modulo Abilitativo Sensoriale Transitivo or Transitive Sensory Living Module - the project was commissioned by floor coverings brand Novabell.
The video performance was created in collaboration with Marco Chiurato.
Thanks to Grenzy for the photos.
Here's some text about the project:
M.A.S.T. Modulo Abilitativo Sensoriale Transitivo - Transitive Sensory Living Module, is a new way of entering into contact with materials, spaces and reality.
A project designed by the studio JoeVelluto for Novabell, leader company in the high quality ceramic surfaces sector, M.A.S.T. has set out to become the key to alternative understanding, a different viewpoint from which to watch, live and feel the constitutive element –the project matrix – in all its dimensions.
M.A.S.T is a sensory experiment along a practicable road that subverts the concept of space, exclusively designed to stimulate perceptive happenings in which you can be both actor and spectator and where you can look, touch, observe and be observed.
The project has one purpose: to rouse you out of physical and perceptive passiveness through the interaction of space and sensations bringing you to the discovery of the porcelain tile Shine You are (not) here: M.A.S.T... Please feel.
- Autumn Winter 2013 capsule collection by… Aina Beck
- Pinch launches wooden furniture during C…lerkenwell Design Week
- Mouth Factory by Cheng Guo
- Dyson Hard two-in-one vacuum cleaner by …Dyson
- Balloon by Uli Budde for Vertigo Bird
- Casamania launches La-Dina chair by Luca… Nichetto at Milan design week
- The Hu-Mannequin Project by Studio Nminu…sOne
- Stool by Aldo Bakker
- 5 O'Clock Chair by Nika Zupanc for Moooi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories