Young London-based designer Kacper Hamilton has created a set of seven wine glasses inspired by the seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath (above), envy and pride.
Above and below: greed
The seven wine glasses are presented in a specially designed mahogany case (see bottom of story).
"Each glass encapsulates a sin, which is revealed through the ritual of drinking," explains Hamilton. "The 7 Deadly Glasses are about celebrating passion and encouraging the user to be sinful in a theatrical fashion. The display case is a sarcophagus for the wine glasses, made using mahogany wood, brass fittings and a velvet fabric lining."
The glasses will be exhibited at the Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design Degree Show from June 12th-June 19th at Southampton Row, London. Above: lust
The set is a limited edition, available to order. Above and below: gluttony.
Below: the mohogany presentation case
- Bent by Anne-Cécile Rappa
- Philip Michael Wolfson at Covent Garde…n Super Design
- Shell by Julia Krantz
- Bouroullec brothers forge wrought-iron… frames for Officina furniture
- Moooi unveils 2015 furniture and homew…are collection
- Pinha by Raw Edges for Materia
- Dezeen Screen: LunaTik and TikTok by S…cott Wilson
- Ron Gilad designs shelves that seem to… float in metal frames
- Those speakers at last
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories