Young London-based designer Kacper Hamilton has created a set of seven wine glasses inspired by the seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath (above), envy and pride.
Above and below: greed
The seven wine glasses are presented in a specially designed mahogany case (see bottom of story).
"Each glass encapsulates a sin, which is revealed through the ritual of drinking," explains Hamilton. "The 7 Deadly Glasses are about celebrating passion and encouraging the user to be sinful in a theatrical fashion. The display case is a sarcophagus for the wine glasses, made using mahogany wood, brass fittings and a velvet fabric lining."
The glasses will be exhibited at the Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design Degree Show from June 12th-June 19th at Southampton Row, London. Above: lust
The set is a limited edition, available to order. Above and below: gluttony.
Below: the mohogany presentation case
- Silver Candlesticks by David Taylor
- Movie: Nike GS Football Boot
- Jeremy Maxwell Wintrebert exhibits blown…-glass "clouds" at Gallery Fumi
- Swirling patterns top tables by Elisa St…rozyk
- Somewhere In Between by Andrew Aloisio
- Chair 01 and Stool 01 by Daphna Laurens …with Wittmann
- Catch Chair by Jaime Hayón for &traditi…on
- KiBiSi by Kilo Design, BIG and Skibsted …Ideation
- FLIP alarm clock turns off by turning it… over
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories