Young London-based designer Kacper Hamilton has created a set of seven wine glasses inspired by the seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath (above), envy and pride.
Above and below: greed
The seven wine glasses are presented in a specially designed mahogany case (see bottom of story).
"Each glass encapsulates a sin, which is revealed through the ritual of drinking," explains Hamilton. "The 7 Deadly Glasses are about celebrating passion and encouraging the user to be sinful in a theatrical fashion. The display case is a sarcophagus for the wine glasses, made using mahogany wood, brass fittings and a velvet fabric lining."
The glasses will be exhibited at the Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design Degree Show from June 12th-June 19th at Southampton Row, London. Above: lust
The set is a limited edition, available to order. Above and below: gluttony.
Below: the mohogany presentation case
- Technology and design: makingthe world a…round us
- Latis collection by Omvivo
- New Ingo Maurer showroom
- Bilder & De Clercq by …,staat
- Parkcycle Swarm by Rebar Group and N55
- Wire-chair by Nendo
- Meike Langer designs copper clothes stan…d to nestle into awkward spaces
- UseLess is More by JVLT
- James Christian designs parasitic struct…ures for disused city spaces
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories