Young London-based designer Kacper Hamilton has created a set of seven wine glasses inspired by the seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath (above), envy and pride.
Above and below: greed
The seven wine glasses are presented in a specially designed mahogany case (see bottom of story).
"Each glass encapsulates a sin, which is revealed through the ritual of drinking," explains Hamilton. "The 7 Deadly Glasses are about celebrating passion and encouraging the user to be sinful in a theatrical fashion. The display case is a sarcophagus for the wine glasses, made using mahogany wood, brass fittings and a velvet fabric lining."
The glasses will be exhibited at the Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design Degree Show from June 12th-June 19th at Southampton Row, London. Above: lust
The set is a limited edition, available to order. Above and below: gluttony.
Below: the mohogany presentation case
- Made in Italy: Milan Design City
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Ross Lovegrove
- Movie: Campana Brothers at GlassLab
- Catch Chair by Jaime Hayón for &traditi…on
- Dezeen archive: telephones
- Watch Sculptures: Moments in Time by Dom…inic Wilcox
- Mirror by Kaschkasch Cologne for Menu de…signed to fit into corners
- Antenna Lights by Adrien Rovero
- Tables by Zaha Hadid for Citco
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories