Young London-based designer Kacper Hamilton has created a set of seven wine glasses inspired by the seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath (above), envy and pride.
Above and below: greed
The seven wine glasses are presented in a specially designed mahogany case (see bottom of story).
"Each glass encapsulates a sin, which is revealed through the ritual of drinking," explains Hamilton. "The 7 Deadly Glasses are about celebrating passion and encouraging the user to be sinful in a theatrical fashion. The display case is a sarcophagus for the wine glasses, made using mahogany wood, brass fittings and a velvet fabric lining."
The glasses will be exhibited at the Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design Degree Show from June 12th-June 19th at Southampton Row, London. Above: lust
The set is a limited edition, available to order. Above and below: gluttony.
Below: the mohogany presentation case
- Foglie by Matali Crasset for Pallucco
- Berlin Christmas lights by Brut Deluxe
- Spot table lamps by Nir Meiri
- Tyvek World by Luis Eslava and Diego Ram…os
- Bachag by Joongho Choi
- "I work best in a new field or culture" …- Hella Jongerius
- Psychomoulages by Olivier Peyricot
- Milk Brother by Po-Chih Lai at Show RCA …2012
- Project001 Masked Creature by Stickyline
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories