Young London-based designer Kacper Hamilton has created a set of seven wine glasses inspired by the seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath (above), envy and pride.
Above and below: greed
The seven wine glasses are presented in a specially designed mahogany case (see bottom of story).
"Each glass encapsulates a sin, which is revealed through the ritual of drinking," explains Hamilton. "The 7 Deadly Glasses are about celebrating passion and encouraging the user to be sinful in a theatrical fashion. The display case is a sarcophagus for the wine glasses, made using mahogany wood, brass fittings and a velvet fabric lining."
The glasses will be exhibited at the Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design Degree Show from June 12th-June 19th at Southampton Row, London. Above: lust
The set is a limited edition, available to order. Above and below: gluttony.
Below: the mohogany presentation case
- Squishy silicone keys control pitch an…d volume on ROLI's musical Seaboard
- Najah, Lazara and Ilham by Anne-Cécil…e Rappa
- Pharrell Williams and G-Star RAW trans…form ocean plastic into denim collection
- Ralph Pucci's fashion mannequins "mirr…or how we want to see ourselves"
- Movie: interview with Maarten De Ceula…er
- Movie: Stuart Haygarth at Design Miami
- Nendo's seven door concepts include de…signs for wheelchair users and children
- Furniture by Pinch
- Adidas launches Springblade Razor trai…ners with soles made of curved pads
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories