Young London-based designer Kacper Hamilton has created a set of seven wine glasses inspired by the seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath (above), envy and pride.
Above and below: greed
The seven wine glasses are presented in a specially designed mahogany case (see bottom of story).
"Each glass encapsulates a sin, which is revealed through the ritual of drinking," explains Hamilton. "The 7 Deadly Glasses are about celebrating passion and encouraging the user to be sinful in a theatrical fashion. The display case is a sarcophagus for the wine glasses, made using mahogany wood, brass fittings and a velvet fabric lining."
The glasses will be exhibited at the Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design Degree Show from June 12th-June 19th at Southampton Row, London. Above: lust
The set is a limited edition, available to order. Above and below: gluttony.
Below: the mohogany presentation case
- Flying City Tableware by Carsten Höller… for Nymphenburg
- Yves Behar on skeuomorphic design and Ap…ple
- Bouroullec brothers design minimal colou…red Ruutu vases for Iittala
- This&That by Fabrica
- Richard Hutten designs combined conferen…ce and ping pong table
- Air 1 Aquarium by Amaury Poudray
- XO-3 by fuseproject
- Artek Pavilion by Shigeru Ban
- Hyperion Spotlight by Paul Heijnen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories