Young London-based designer Kacper Hamilton has created a set of seven wine glasses inspired by the seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath (above), envy and pride.
Above and below: greed
The seven wine glasses are presented in a specially designed mahogany case (see bottom of story).
"Each glass encapsulates a sin, which is revealed through the ritual of drinking," explains Hamilton. "The 7 Deadly Glasses are about celebrating passion and encouraging the user to be sinful in a theatrical fashion. The display case is a sarcophagus for the wine glasses, made using mahogany wood, brass fittings and a velvet fabric lining."
The glasses will be exhibited at the Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design Degree Show from June 12th-June 19th at Southampton Row, London. Above: lust
The set is a limited edition, available to order. Above and below: gluttony.
Below: the mohogany presentation case
- Kristina Dam designs pale oak furniture …to incorporate plants
- Petal-shaped mobiles balance above GamFr…atesi's lounge at Stockholm Furniture Fair
- MotherBoard by Romolo Stanco
- Spirit House Chair by Daniel Libeskind
- Tavolo Cobogó by the Campana Brothers
- Money bowls by Arthur Analts and Rudolph… Strelis
- Z handle by Eric Parry Architects
- Seam Chair and Bench by Chris Kabel
- Meta at Design Miami
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories