Young London-based designer Kacper Hamilton has created a set of seven wine glasses inspired by the seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath (above), envy and pride.
Above and below: greed
The seven wine glasses are presented in a specially designed mahogany case (see bottom of story).
"Each glass encapsulates a sin, which is revealed through the ritual of drinking," explains Hamilton. "The 7 Deadly Glasses are about celebrating passion and encouraging the user to be sinful in a theatrical fashion. The display case is a sarcophagus for the wine glasses, made using mahogany wood, brass fittings and a velvet fabric lining."
The glasses will be exhibited at the Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design Degree Show from June 12th-June 19th at Southampton Row, London. Above: lust
The set is a limited edition, available to order. Above and below: gluttony.
Below: the mohogany presentation case
- Sungsin Eo designs foam display system f…or child-friendly exhibitions
- No Pause by Gio Tirotto
- Music Cage by Nendo
- Normal timepieces by Ross McBride
- Star-shaped clothes horse by Aaron Dunke…rton
- Lexus Nuaero by Jon Rådbrink
- Champagne chair winners
- Chit.Chat and Positive.Negative by J. Ma…yer H.
- Dewar Glassware by David Derksen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories