Designers Joost van Bleiswijk and Kiki van Eijk presented a little book about their work at their show in Milan this year, and we have five signed copies of About Joost & Kiki (below) to give away to Dezeen readers.
The book also features a series of portraits of the designers with their work taken by photographer Sabine Pigalle (shown here).
"These pictures are about the fact that as a designer you put your personality in it, but the objects always exist without the artist next to it," says van Bleiswijk (below). "It’s about being half present, or translucently present with your design..."
See our earlier story for coverage of their Milan show.
This competition has now closed.
Winners will be notified by email and announced in a subsequent edition of our newsletter. Subscribe to our newsletter
Here's some info about the book from Joost and Kiki:
During their ‘reCollections’ show in Milan last April, Joost and Kiki presented a hardcover book about their work.
‘About Joost and Kiki’ contains pictures of the two collections, pictures of their workshop and process made by Lisa Klappe, sketches, interviews by and nine pictures of Joost and Kiki made by Paris based Photographer Sabine Pigalle.
‘Translucent dreams’ is a collaboration between the designers and Sabine Pigalle where a play between personality and objects is shown. In their collections Joost and Kiki strive for a very personal approach and execution of their objects.
Sabine Pigalle integrated the personality in these pictures by painting the designers completely black and let them pose in the pictures.
Half absent, half present, Pigalle captured just where the design of Joost and Kiki is about. A strong person touch in objects that can stand without their presence too.
Photography: Sabine Pigalle www.sabinepigalle.com
Make up: Veronique Marot www.veroniquemarot.com
Location: Le Studio Paris
- Habitat Machines by David Trautrimas
- Hospital door handle sanitises users' …hands and measures cleanliness of staff
- Dominic Wilcox's "car of the future" i…s driverless and made of stained glass
- Drawn from Clay by Atelier NL
- Zai HIGO tools by Kacper Hamilton
- Nike combines Flyknit and 3D printing …to design American football boots
- Exhibition showcasing Irish design pre…sents "a fusion between the old and the new"
- Illum camera creates interactive photo…graphs that users can re-focus after shooting
- Catwalk for Up [øpp] by Gartnerfuglen… Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories