Here are three more watches designed by Denis Guidone, who created the Ora Unica watch in our earlier story.
Ora Vago (above) is meant to resemble the hands of a compass. Ora Ameba (below) shows only the tips of the watch hands.
Hours, minutes and seconds are represented on the face of Ora Lattea (below) by different sized dots.
Here's some more information from Guidone:
Elusive Hour (Ora Vago), 2007
The hands resemble those of a compass. We are talking about being disoriented, about losing yourself in a contemporary city with the resulting sense of insecurity. The image is that of an imprecise compass.
Amoeba Hour (Ora Ameba), 2006
The hands have no centre. They are the opposite of those on a normal watch. Amoeba because the fact that there is no centre refers to the contemporary city, which has multiple centres. The centre becomes imaginary or metaphorical, or a cultural centre, an economical centre, a historical centre.
Milky Way Hour (Ora Lattea) 2007
In this watch the hands are represented by the empty space between points. This watch in some ways reminds us of the Milky Way. It’s an image synonymous with getting lost, at the limits of legibility, almost a negation of time. The dots, which vary in size, represent, from smaller to biggest, in increasing order, seconds, minutes and hours, while the dot in the centre doesn’t move.
- Bio-Customized Sneakers by Rayfish
- Dream music video by Cauboyz
- Fundamentals of Makkum by Atelier NL for… Royal Tichelaar Makkum
- Bellows by Benjamin Hubert for Nava
- Dezeen Platform: Clinton Sheldon
- Long Low Hygiene Table and Evoluntionary… Chair by Studio Design Rafaschieri
- Moustache products to form breathing ins…tallation at Spazio Rossana Orlandi
- Movie: pop-up tattoo parlour at Design M…iami
- Litracon light-transmitting concrete
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories