The objects are created by welding together metal animal figurines.
See more of Johnson's work in our earlier story.
Here's some info from the gallery:
‘Now isn’t that lovely’ by Stephen Johnson
Edition of 7 from Gallery Fumi
By designing items void of physical function, the ‘Now Isn’t That Lovely’ range aims to expand people’s perceptions of design. It sets out to highlight how design can reside in the cognitive, as well as its more commonly perceived physical state. By using objects of ornament from the domestic interior, the collection underlines how design can serve to fulfil emotional needs like escapism, nostalgia and humour.
- Gardenias by Jaime Hayón for BD Barcelo…na Design
- Wooden Toys by Permafrost
- Director Jonathan Irwin burns 250 hand-m…ade model buildings in Aqualung music video
- Ross Lovegrove for VitrA
- Dick Van Hoff for Makkum
- Bronze Poly Chair by Max Lamb
- Heimlicht by Leoni Werle
- Bun Boxes by Émilie Voirin
- Noyberg & Bulka uses sewing machines to …stamp ink patterns onto clothes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories