The objects are created by welding together metal animal figurines.
See more of Johnson's work in our earlier story.
Here's some info from the gallery:
‘Now isn’t that lovely’ by Stephen Johnson
Edition of 7 from Gallery Fumi
By designing items void of physical function, the ‘Now Isn’t That Lovely’ range aims to expand people’s perceptions of design. It sets out to highlight how design can reside in the cognitive, as well as its more commonly perceived physical state. By using objects of ornament from the domestic interior, the collection underlines how design can serve to fulfil emotional needs like escapism, nostalgia and humour.
- Busk + Hertzog adds wooden legs to Capri… chairs for +Halle
- Spike Chair by Alexander Lervik
- Giovannoni WASHLET by Stefano Giovannoni… for TOTO
- TAM First Class Cabin by Priestmangoode
- Second Skin by Quinze & Milan
- Stack Buffet by Hector Esrawe
- Fishline Chair by Nendo
- 132 5. by Issey Miyake
- Anderssen & Voll creates a collection of… tools for indoor gardening
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories