The objects are created by welding together metal animal figurines.
See more of Johnson's work in our earlier story.
Here's some info from the gallery:
‘Now isn’t that lovely’ by Stephen Johnson
Edition of 7 from Gallery Fumi
By designing items void of physical function, the ‘Now Isn’t That Lovely’ range aims to expand people’s perceptions of design. It sets out to highlight how design can reside in the cognitive, as well as its more commonly perceived physical state. By using objects of ornament from the domestic interior, the collection underlines how design can serve to fulfil emotional needs like escapism, nostalgia and humour.
- Designjunction is a place where "peopl…e can get really excited about design"
- Seven Deadly Glasses by Kacper Hamilto…n
- Air Sundae by A+A cooren
- Jasper Morrison curates exhibition chr…onicling 80 years of Molteni design collaborations
- Undulating sleeves create "optical eff…ect" in Katherine Roberts-Wood's fashion collection
- Illuminant by Kristín Birna Bjarnadó…ttir
- DP pour Les Trois Garçons by L3G Desi…gns
- Furniture that looks like giant sweets… by Matthias Borowski
- Sebastian Cox uses coppiced wood to cr…eate Underwood furniture collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories