Second and third year architecture students at the Architectural Association school in London have completed this year's AA Summer Pavilion, called the Swoosh Pavilion.
The structure is located outside the AA in Bedford Square and coincides with the London Festival of Architecture, which runs until this weekend.
In what is turning out to be something of a glut of pavilions, Swoosh joins the [c]space Pavilion (above), which is also located in Bedford Square. See our previous story for more info about this one.
Photographs by Richard Green. Here's a bit of text from the London Festival of Architecture:
The Swoosh Pavilion is the 2008 AA Summer Pavilion built annually by the second and third year students of Intermediate Unit 2 tutored by Charles Walker and Martin Self. For the students who conceive, design and construct the pavilion it’s a phenomenological exercise, going from idea to design and finally realization.
- Duplex by Frank Gehry for Make it Right
- Hampstead Lane by Duggan Morris Architec…ts
- Peter Zumthor wins Pritzker Prize
- Key projects by SelgasCano, Serpentine P…avilion 2015 designers
- World Architecture Festival 2012 day one… winners announced
- Park Groot Vijversburg by Junya Ishigami… + Associates and MAKS
- New Pinterest board: architecture in Sou…th Korea
- Jhouse by BBLab Arquitectos
- Studio East by Carmody Groarke
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories