German designers neongrau.id have created Veloheld, a pared-down bicycle for cycling in the city.
With narrow handlebars and one gear, the bicycles come in black or white.
A limited edition of 100 bikes will be produced this year.
neongrau.id also supply the Veloheld frames for those who want to build their own bike.
Here's some more information from neongrau.id:
The veloheld bike shows how pure cycling can be. It was renounced of all unnecessary things like gear shift or excessive graphics.
A short wheelbase, a single gear and a narrow handlebar are the only equipment you need to explore the city.
The creators of the veloheld, among them a former member of the track race national team, reduce their bikes to the absolutely necessary parts. Furthermore they offer them in two minimalistic colour versions: the white-model, only contrasting by some black components and the black model where even the smallest nut is all black.
Because of the limited number of 100 bikes in 2008 every bike is tagged only with the current serial- and model number behind the Veloheld logo at the top tube – nothing more.
For all who want to create their bike themselves the veloheld frames in 3 sizes and 2 colours are the perfect starting point.
- Sweeper Clock by Maarten Baas
- Bethan Gray and Mitchell Abdul Karim C…rites design products influenced by Islamic patterns
- Tokyo Table by Loïc Bard
- Bold by Big-Game
- Great Camp Collection by Paul Loebach
- Kelly by Claesson Koivisto Rune for Ta…cchini
- Laurence Humier's Alchemist Matter Kit… teaches children basic chemistry
- Objects in Neri&Hu's Cabinet of Curios…ity symbolise the seven deadly sins
- Assa Ashuach at Rabih Hage Gallery
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories