German designers neongrau.id have created Veloheld, a pared-down bicycle for cycling in the city.
With narrow handlebars and one gear, the bicycles come in black or white.
A limited edition of 100 bikes will be produced this year.
neongrau.id also supply the Veloheld frames for those who want to build their own bike.
Here's some more information from neongrau.id:
The veloheld bike shows how pure cycling can be. It was renounced of all unnecessary things like gear shift or excessive graphics.
A short wheelbase, a single gear and a narrow handlebar are the only equipment you need to explore the city.
The creators of the veloheld, among them a former member of the track race national team, reduce their bikes to the absolutely necessary parts. Furthermore they offer them in two minimalistic colour versions: the white-model, only contrasting by some black components and the black model where even the smallest nut is all black.
Because of the limited number of 100 bikes in 2008 every bike is tagged only with the current serial- and model number behind the Veloheld logo at the top tube – nothing more.
For all who want to create their bike themselves the veloheld frames in 3 sizes and 2 colours are the perfect starting point.
- Unpølished by Dik Scheepers
- VOID V03 alarm by David Ericsson at Deze…en Watch Store
- Francis Bitonti creates pixellated 3D-pr…inted shoes using cellular automation
- Body Paintingby Tenas
- David Adjaye shows Washington Collection… for Knoll in new colours
- World Business Class cabin by Hella Jong…erius for KLM
- Summer in the City by Michael Robinson a…t Dezeen Super Store
- Colour Lights by Maarten De Ceulaer
- Chocolate Mill by Wieki Somers at the Vi…tra Design Museum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories