German designers neongrau.id have created Veloheld, a pared-down bicycle for cycling in the city.
With narrow handlebars and one gear, the bicycles come in black or white.
A limited edition of 100 bikes will be produced this year.
neongrau.id also supply the Veloheld frames for those who want to build their own bike.
Here's some more information from neongrau.id:
The veloheld bike shows how pure cycling can be. It was renounced of all unnecessary things like gear shift or excessive graphics.
A short wheelbase, a single gear and a narrow handlebar are the only equipment you need to explore the city.
The creators of the veloheld, among them a former member of the track race national team, reduce their bikes to the absolutely necessary parts. Furthermore they offer them in two minimalistic colour versions: the white-model, only contrasting by some black components and the black model where even the smallest nut is all black.
Because of the limited number of 100 bikes in 2008 every bike is tagged only with the current serial- and model number behind the Veloheld logo at the top tube – nothing more.
For all who want to create their bike themselves the veloheld frames in 3 sizes and 2 colours are the perfect starting point.
- Jonas Wagell designs Concrete Lamp for M…enu
- Piu tableware by Patrick Frey
- Takashi Murakami at MOCA
- Kulula airline livery
- Platypus Chair, Bambi Chair, Crane Lamp …and Duck Lamp by Studio Juju
- Meike Langer designs copper clothes stan…d to nestle into awkward spaces
- Catenary Pottery Printer using analogue …parametric design by gt2P
- Movie: Nike Zoom Superfly R4
- Beach towels double as seats for Júlia …Esqué's Marina deck chair
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories