Here's some information from Hahn:
Scantling Lamp Family
A domestic floor lamp made from timber. Without the need for any counterweight this light’s adaptability relies on a hidden mechanism that uses friction without the usual self-loosening.
To be used above dining tables this lamp uses the same mechanism as the floor lamp. Because the whole construction is suspended from a hook in the ceiling, the light is free swinging.
This allows the user to adjust the height of the lampshade by simply changing the angle of the wooden components. The position to the sides stays the same as the lamp is pivoting on the hook.
- Solids of Revolution by Max Lamb
- Tech firm proposes using OLED screens to… make aircraft cabins appear see-through
- Designers Lucy.D rethink "kitsch" Vienne…se cakes for historic Café Landtmann
- Eurovisions by Fantastic Norway
- Fisherman by TAF for Zero
- Digital bobbleheads are the "provocative… future" for cars, says Plummer-Fernandez
- Form Us With Love adds colourful acousti…c panels to Baux range
- Movie: Design Museum Collection App
- Bisazza to show Hayón and Job in Milan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories