Here's some information from Hahn:
Scantling Lamp Family
A domestic floor lamp made from timber. Without the need for any counterweight this light’s adaptability relies on a hidden mechanism that uses friction without the usual self-loosening.
To be used above dining tables this lamp uses the same mechanism as the floor lamp. Because the whole construction is suspended from a hook in the ceiling, the light is free swinging.
This allows the user to adjust the height of the lampshade by simply changing the angle of the wooden components. The position to the sides stays the same as the lamp is pivoting on the hook.
- Maarten Baas named Design Miami/ Designe…r of the Year
- Story Vases by Front
- Iconograph by Werner Aisslinger for Lore…nz at Dezeen Watch Store
- Unintended Functions by Nick Allman
- String Lights by Michael Anastassiades f…or Flos
- Clopen by Torafu Architects
- Moss used as "biological solar panels" t…o power a radio
- Cloud paper sofa by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Y Chair by Tom Dixon
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories