London-based Norwegian designer and illustrator Amy Hunting created the Patchwork furniture series from waste wood and offcuts collected from factories.
Hunting glued the fragments together before making them into a chair, storage unit and series of lamps.
Here's some text from Hunting:
Wood waste and off-cuts were collected from factories in Denmark; this collection is made entirely out of the factory waste collected. The pieces were put together to form a wood patchwork before they were made into a chair, a book box and a series of 12 lamps.
The chair is built out of wood waste and off-cuts, and nothing else.
Dimensions: Total hight: 85 cm, Width: 30 cm, Depth: 34 cm, Seating Hight: 45 cm
These lamps were cut out of a large solid block of wood, made up of small off-cuts. The pendant lamps were then cut out of the block until 12 lamps revealed themselves and all the wood had been cut out.
They are made entirely out of wood and require no fitting. They can be hung on any bare lamp bulb through the top of the lamp.
The 12 lamps can be stacked inside each other for easy transport or stacked on top of each other.
The book box has built in book stands which allows you to place different sized books randomly in the box without them falling over. Because of the blocks of wood you can have as many or few books as you want
The boxes can be stacked on top of each other or hung on the wall. You can flip the box and use it on the side; the legs then become additional shelves.
Like the chair and the lamps in the same collection, this is made entirely out of wood waste from factories in Denmark, with no screws, bolts or anything else.
Dimensions: W: 35cm, H: 47cm, D: 35cm
- Balloon Swing proposed for New York pa…rk
- Jewellery and objects by Kelly McCallu…m
- Miuccia Prada's "feminist" fashion col…lection defies seasonal conventions
- Bistro in Vitro is a virtual restauran…t serving the artificial meat dishes of the future
- Rise for Japan by Milton Glaser
- Metrobowl by Frederik Roijé
- Helena Westerlind at The Temporium
- Interview: K01 by Marc Newson for Pent…ax
- The return of Memphis: "it's something… that's in the air"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories