Tokyo-based designer Takashi Sato has designed a lamp that holds a bulb in place using a tong-like structure.
Inspired by "the tong of the kitchen tool," the aluminium Tongs lamp has a slot in the shade to allow a bulb and cord to be added and held in place by the structure.
Sato exhibited the lamp at Salone Satellite in Milan this year.
Other projects presented by the Japanese designer included a coat stand where hangers form the pegs, a felt-covered, folding, plywood stool called Pata and a mirror which appears to form a hole in the wall.
Below: coat hanger.
- Pylône by Linn Kandel
- Made in Italy: the Influence of Italian …Design
- RE:cover by Fredrik Färg
- XXXX by Yuya Ushida
- Design Miami Chat Shows: Julia Lohmann
- Dandelion Light by Sunghwa Jang
- Favourite Things by Chen Karlsson
- MUT Design uses copper, marble and ash f…or "seductive" freestanding kitchen
- Etre Touchy by Etre
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories