Tokyo-based designer Takashi Sato has designed a lamp that holds a bulb in place using a tong-like structure.
Inspired by "the tong of the kitchen tool," the aluminium Tongs lamp has a slot in the shade to allow a bulb and cord to be added and held in place by the structure.
Sato exhibited the lamp at Salone Satellite in Milan this year.
Other projects presented by the Japanese designer included a coat stand where hangers form the pegs, a felt-covered, folding, plywood stool called Pata and a mirror which appears to form a hole in the wall.
Below: coat hanger.
- Float by Karim Rashid for Sancal
- Measure calendar by Hiroyuki Miyake
- Today at Dezeen Platform: mode:lina
- Tricom table by Shigeichiro Takeuchi for… COMMOC
- New images of Manned Cloud by Jean-Marie… Massaud
- Victorian Grandfather Chair and Chippend…ale Writing Desk by Adam Rowe
- THINKK Studio and Studio 248at Ventura L…ambrate
- Cosmic Angel, Cosmic Ocean and Cosmic Le…af by Ross Lovegrove for Artemide
- Neolione by Boadesign Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories