Tokyo-based designer Takashi Sato has designed a lamp that holds a bulb in place using a tong-like structure.
Inspired by "the tong of the kitchen tool," the aluminium Tongs lamp has a slot in the shade to allow a bulb and cord to be added and held in place by the structure.
Sato exhibited the lamp at Salone Satellite in Milan this year.
Other projects presented by the Japanese designer included a coat stand where hangers form the pegs, a felt-covered, folding, plywood stool called Pata and a mirror which appears to form a hole in the wall.
Below: coat hanger.
- Afrofuture at La Rinascente
- 4010-Overdress by Johannes Laue and Joha…nnes Schroth
- World's first knitted football boot anno…unced by Adidas
- Interview with Denis Guidone
- LunaTik at Dezeen Watch Store in New Yo…rk
- Dezeen podcast: Drawing Fashion at the D…esign Museum
- Dish Drainer Geo by Jorre van Ast
- New Fiat 500
- Swarovski Crystal Palace
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories