Tokyo-based designer Takashi Sato has designed a lamp that holds a bulb in place using a tong-like structure.
Inspired by "the tong of the kitchen tool," the aluminium Tongs lamp has a slot in the shade to allow a bulb and cord to be added and held in place by the structure.
Sato exhibited the lamp at Salone Satellite in Milan this year.
Other projects presented by the Japanese designer included a coat stand where hangers form the pegs, a felt-covered, folding, plywood stool called Pata and a mirror which appears to form a hole in the wall.
Below: coat hanger.
- Fading Mirror by Thomas Eurlings
- Flat Surgery by Mathieu Lehanneur
- Leaf by Broberg & Ridderstråle for Muut…o
- Docklands by PearsonLloyd for Bene
- Welcome to the Jungle by My Own Super St…udio
- Ex-Boyfriend Revenge Kit features colour…-coordinated weapons
- Magno Tube Lamp by Doreen Westphal
- Hedda Torgersen's anthropomorphic Boo la…mp to be exhibited at 100% Norway
- Glass Elephant installation at Stockholm… Design Week
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories