Tokyo-based designer Takashi Sato has designed a lamp that holds a bulb in place using a tong-like structure.
Inspired by "the tong of the kitchen tool," the aluminium Tongs lamp has a slot in the shade to allow a bulb and cord to be added and held in place by the structure.
Sato exhibited the lamp at Salone Satellite in Milan this year.
Other projects presented by the Japanese designer included a coat stand where hangers form the pegs, a felt-covered, folding, plywood stool called Pata and a mirror which appears to form a hole in the wall.
Below: coat hanger.
- Tonale by David Chipperfield for Aless…i
- Apps by Richard Hutten for Artifort
- Origamaster Shades by BCXSY
- EuroK-Cars at the Royal College of Art
- Jumper by Bertjan Pot
- Nendo's one-year retrospective exhibit…ion opens in Milan
- Serpentine outdoor shower by Tom de Vr…ieze
- "Immersive virtual world" by Gareth Pu…gh and Inition installed at Selfridges
- Philippe Malouin installs swing set in…side grand Milanese palazzo
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories