"The stem kept irritating me," says Hagen. "I took the consequence and cut it off. That’s how my Cognac glass was born."
Hagen has also created a set identical smaller glasses for drinking liqueurs.
The following is from Normann Copenhagen:
The Cognac glass is a beautiful combination of function and pure pleasure. It’s a glass conceived to considerate bouquet, temperature and volume. It provokes pleasure and increases the experience of intimacy, when drinking cognac.
The concern to quality of cognac resulted in the shape of the glass, which increases the pleasure of deep colour and movement of the liquid.
Rikke Hagen explains:
I wanted to craft a cognac glass. The perfect gift to the man, who has everything. The inspiration springs from my own perception of when you drink cognac; that is when you have time and in calm surroundings.
I wanted the glass to give the user a feeling of a gentleman’s study and at the same time, the sense of calmness you get when you e.g. fondle a stone. The stem kept irritating me. I took the consequence and cut it off. That’s how my Cognac glass was born.
Designer: Rikke Hagen
Price: Euro 40.00 / 2 pcs
Dishwasher safe but we would recommend that you wash the Cognac glasses by hand – using our Soft Brush with natural bristles
Same shape as the Cognac Glass – just a bit smaller. Ø 8.5 cm. EURO 36.00 / 2 pcs
- Styrofoam Sofa by Kwangho Lee
- Video tour of West End Design District a…t London Design Festival 2013
- Cloche Lamp by Lars Beller Fjetland
- Audi Carbon Ski by Audi Concept Design M…unich
- Ivy by Thomas Bernstrand for Swedese
- Amanda Levete and Corian at LDF
- Brass tools and silk apparel for mining …the world's most abundant mineral
- Dutch designer Maarten Baas shows us his… studio that "used to be a farm"
- Artek revives Alvar Aalto products for l…atest furniture collection
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories