"The stem kept irritating me," says Hagen. "I took the consequence and cut it off. That’s how my Cognac glass was born."
Hagen has also created a set identical smaller glasses for drinking liqueurs.
The following is from Normann Copenhagen:
The Cognac glass is a beautiful combination of function and pure pleasure. It’s a glass conceived to considerate bouquet, temperature and volume. It provokes pleasure and increases the experience of intimacy, when drinking cognac.
The concern to quality of cognac resulted in the shape of the glass, which increases the pleasure of deep colour and movement of the liquid.
Rikke Hagen explains:
I wanted to craft a cognac glass. The perfect gift to the man, who has everything. The inspiration springs from my own perception of when you drink cognac; that is when you have time and in calm surroundings.
I wanted the glass to give the user a feeling of a gentleman’s study and at the same time, the sense of calmness you get when you e.g. fondle a stone. The stem kept irritating me. I took the consequence and cut it off. That’s how my Cognac glass was born.
Designer: Rikke Hagen
Price: Euro 40.00 / 2 pcs
Dishwasher safe but we would recommend that you wash the Cognac glasses by hand – using our Soft Brush with natural bristles
Same shape as the Cognac Glass – just a bit smaller. Ø 8.5 cm. EURO 36.00 / 2 pcs
- London Design Festival 2012 photographs …by Barbara Chandler
- Moritz Waldemeyer puts laser beams in Hu…ssein Chalayan dresses
- Makr Shakr by Carlo Ratti and MIT Sensea…ble City Lab
- "I pre-dated the trend for large watches… by about a decade" - Marc Newson
- Multi-sensorial Gastronomy by Philips De…sign
- In Flakes by Mount Fuji Architects Studi…o
- Circle or Dot by Giha Woo
- SitTable by UNStudio for Prooff
- Dezeen Watch Store at Blickfang Vienna
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories