Venice Architecture Biennale: Dutch architects NL present this series of images in the Italian Pavilion at the Venice Architecture Biennale.
Fly United - go with the flow!
Google Forest - the sea levels rise. Less land is available. How can we increase the capacity of our cities?
Flower Power - can we move from what the Dutch call "pollution of the horizon" to "heroic" configurations? Is it possible to create an Eiffel Tower, Atomium or St Louis Arch dedicated to the production of environmentally friendly energy?
Trashberg - the currents of the Pacific Ocean tend to accumulate floating plastic in a confined area. An immense archipelago of trash comes into being, a bouyant island the size of Spain, France and Italy combined.
Minimum Speed 200 kh/h - the products that surround us often have unused capacities, we only use a fraction of their potential.
Phantom Pain - in the capitals of Europe 18 square kms of office space is left unused. This equals more than half of Manhattan. Or a ghost town of 50 twin towers.
Cruise City, City Cruise - cruise ships in theory are "parasites" in every port they call on. Can we introduce a form of reciprocity? Can we imagine a two-way connection between ships and the city?
- Bridge House by 123DV
- Takanawa House by Hiroyuki Ito and O.F.D….A. Associates
- University building by Pedro Reis combin…es a white box with a rough concrete base
- Kawate by Keitaro Muto Architects
- Woodpeckers by Ström Architects
- Wise Architecture dismantles a 300-year-…old house and resurrects it as a cafe
- Dune House by Jarmund/Vigsnæs Architect…s and Mole Architects
- House Y2 by Destilat
- Steinmetzdemeyer stacks wooden blocks to… form low-energy office building
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories