Architects Fashion Architecture Taste have produced a stool with a seat in the form of a bust of Hercules cast in foam rubber.
The stool was commissioned for From Now to Eternity, an exploration of designers' use of plastic that opened in London last week.
Here's an explanation from FAT:
'Soft Hercules' is a stool cast from foam rubber – the soft squishy stuff that is usually used to make stress balls.
The bust of Hercules, usually something solid both in its material and the culture it represents becomes unexpectedly soft, deforming a recognizable object into stranger shapes when it is sat on. It uses the plasticity of rubber to suggest a more uncertain and doubtful state.
- 2440x1220, Saw, Assemble by Pål Rodeniu…s
- Mousetraps by Johanna Schmeer
- King Edison pendant lamp by Young & Batt…aglia for Mineheart
- Zarb Champagne by THEY
- Work Lamp by Form us with Love
- Unpølished by Dik Scheepers
- Louis Vuitton realises unbuilt Charlotte… Perriand beach house in Miami
- Cherry Tree by Tom Price
- Norm 03 Steel by Britt Kornum
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories