The water can still run through the furniture, which can be used indoors and outdoors.
The following information is from Bokkinga:
bok. is Sander Bokkinga. bok. was born in 1971 in Stokkum (Twente) The Netherlands. bok. has been an architect (TU Delft) and designer since 1997. bok. lives in Rotterdam and designs and makes special “objects” that did not exist before, but needed to be made. bok. started his own label in 2006 and showed his first collection in 2007 at the Mobile di Salone in Milano.
bok.hosepipefurniture / bok.tuinslangmeubilair
A furniture serie made of old and new hosepipes for interior and exterior use. Amazingly, water can still run through the designs. The serie currently includes a floorlamp, a relax-chair, a dining chair, a stool in two sizes and a vase. Designed by Sander Bokkinga in 2008.
Materials: hosepipes filled with magic!
State: available on demand
“bok. is an unstoppable fantasy-machine”
“bok. manufactures in Holland”
“bok. loves pure materials”
“bok. wants to make people smile”
“bok. manifactures all products himself”
“bok. continually works on new designs”
“bok. is also still doing architectural projects”
- Marina Bautier at Salone Satellite
- Tra le Briccole di Venezia at Riva 1920
- Recent work by Kelly McCallum
- Branch Out by Studiomama for TEN
- Algorithmic journalism machine generates… free newspaper for Milan design week
- Fountain Hacks by LIKEarchitects and Ric…ardo Dourado
- Archipix by Federico Babina
- Rinser Brush by Amron Experimental
- Melissa shoes by Zaha Hadid Architects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories