Designer Karen Ryan has sent us images of Another Chair, a new project that adapts unwanted chairs into new combinations.
The chairs form part of Ryan's Boarded Up collection, which was shown at Designersblock in London last month.
Here are more projects by Karen Ryan on Dezeen:
The following is from Karen Ryan:
Part of the Boarded Up Collection.
I cannot help myself I just wanted to make another chair. A chair that was beautifully hand crafted and designed entirely by me.
A chair that showcased my love of structures made out of raw wood. But my conscience won over me as I stared at a further three discarded chairs that were now stacked in my studio.
At that moment my brief to myself was set, I would make my chair but it would be supported by the cultural histories of other chairs, transparent of its found state and bearing clear testament to its new construction.
- dezeen's new logo
- 20 litre Coat Stand by Peter Marigold
- Melissa + Campana
- Alicja Prussakowska's Tilia coat stand r…esembles upended wooden skis
- Local by fuseproject
- Numerouno cardboard lamp by Johannes Kie…ssler
- Interactive soft toys let babies post to… Facebook
- Companion Parrot by Tithi Kutchamuch
- Droog and Barry Friedman's Smart Deco
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories