Designer Karen Ryan has sent us images of Another Chair, a new project that adapts unwanted chairs into new combinations.
The chairs form part of Ryan's Boarded Up collection, which was shown at Designersblock in London last month.
Here are more projects by Karen Ryan on Dezeen:
The following is from Karen Ryan:
Part of the Boarded Up Collection.
I cannot help myself I just wanted to make another chair. A chair that was beautifully hand crafted and designed entirely by me.
A chair that showcased my love of structures made out of raw wood. But my conscience won over me as I stared at a further three discarded chairs that were now stacked in my studio.
At that moment my brief to myself was set, I would make my chair but it would be supported by the cultural histories of other chairs, transparent of its found state and bearing clear testament to its new construction.
- Wooden stool with a gaping mouth stores …a magazine within its seat
- Dezeen Watch Store relaunches
- Cross-fire by Studio*Mrmann
- Font Alphabet Puzzle by Looodus
- Neolastic Vases by Studio Sjoerd Jonkers
- Photosynthesis by Ehud Oren
- Andrée Putman for Gaia&Gino
- Stefan Sagmeister in Belgrade
- Layered fabric chair by Richard Hutten t…o launch in Milan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories