Called When I Was Small, the range includes a coathanger made of a giant paperclip and a dressing table with hinges resembling oversized nails.
See more Dezeen stories about Graduation Galleries at Design Academy Eindhoven and Dutch Design Week 2008.
Here's some info from Design Academy Eindhoven, followed by a statement by the designer:
Designer: Tineke Beunders
Department: Man and Activity
Photo by Lisa Klappe
Project: When I was little
Description: This dressing table is a full-scale design in the formal idiom of a doll’s house. With rounded forms, unusual proportions, and a green coating give it a fairytale feel. Enlarging, a paper clip becomes a useful coat hanger and a nail, a decorative handle.
'When I was little...'
Barbiedolls, playmobil and dollhouses... They have become too small for me, or I am too big for them. When I was little, I made accessories for my dolls. With these accessories and dolls I made stories. Ordinary everyday stories, with everyday things. Nowadays these stories are special memories. These special memories can be a part of our everyday life again.
Looking at my small toys and using their specific shapes and solutions I've redesigned and made my toys the adult size. And when you use my products in your daily life, you can't help to dream away sometimes...
Material(s): Wood, ceramics, glass, wool, metal.
Dimensions: About 160cm x 120cm x 45cm (h x w x d)
Design: Tineke Beunders
- Boomerang Wok by Nikolaï Carels for Roy…al VKB
- Nendo creates dining room optical illusi…on at Japan's Expo pavilion
- Matali Crasset creates faceted presentat…ion cases from concrete
- Dezeen Watch Store at Blickfang Vienna
- Beyond Object presents minimal metallic …stationery by Poetic Lab
- Object of Sound by NOCC
- Ransmeier & Floyd show new light
- Helga Mogensen and Berglind Gunnarsdótt…ir at DesignMarch
- Pipixar by Artem Zigert
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories