Called When I Was Small, the range includes a coathanger made of a giant paperclip and a dressing table with hinges resembling oversized nails.
See more Dezeen stories about Graduation Galleries at Design Academy Eindhoven and Dutch Design Week 2008.
Here's some info from Design Academy Eindhoven, followed by a statement by the designer:
Designer: Tineke Beunders
Department: Man and Activity
Photo by Lisa Klappe
Project: When I was little
Description: This dressing table is a full-scale design in the formal idiom of a doll’s house. With rounded forms, unusual proportions, and a green coating give it a fairytale feel. Enlarging, a paper clip becomes a useful coat hanger and a nail, a decorative handle.
'When I was little...'
Barbiedolls, playmobil and dollhouses... They have become too small for me, or I am too big for them. When I was little, I made accessories for my dolls. With these accessories and dolls I made stories. Ordinary everyday stories, with everyday things. Nowadays these stories are special memories. These special memories can be a part of our everyday life again.
Looking at my small toys and using their specific shapes and solutions I've redesigned and made my toys the adult size. And when you use my products in your daily life, you can't help to dream away sometimes...
Material(s): Wood, ceramics, glass, wool, metal.
Dimensions: About 160cm x 120cm x 45cm (h x w x d)
Design: Tineke Beunders
- Comme des Garçons swaddles models in …fabric cocoons for Autumn Winter 2015
- Sling Back by Quirky
- Moodwall by Urban Alliance
- Flash Factory by Tom Dixon
- Don't Run shoe factory brings producti…on line to local high streets
- Garment by Benjamin Hubert for Cappell…ini
- Andrés Jaque's giant water purifier u…nveiled in MoMA PS1 courtyard
- Grovhugget anno 2008 by Jens Fager
- Cover collection by Daphna Laurens
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories