Dutch designer Maren Hartveld presented a soft bathtub at the Design Academy Eindhoven graduate show in the Netherlands earlier this month.
"Bringing a new meaning to sinking into one's tub," says Hartveld. "A free-standing soft bathtub made from polyurethene coated foam rubber; not cold and hard like the average bathtub, but soft and warm, and comfortable like a sofa".
Above image by Marjan Holmer.
- Dezeen’s top ten: shoes
- Creatures, Corona and Pacis by Nigel Coa…tes for Slamp
- Wald aus Wald by Takashi Kuribayashi
- Ixion windowless private jet by Technico…n Design offers immersive panoramic views
- Christopher Raeburn transforms a life ra…ft into brightly coloured coats
- From Now to Eternity
- Design Academy Eindhoven in Milan 2
- Soft Oak chair by Pepe Heykoop
- Bold by Studio Job at Designhuis, Eindho…ven
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories