Milan-based architects Iosa Ghini Associati have designed an extension to a hotel in Budapest, Hungary, called New York Residence.
The project comprises an extension to the adjacent New York Palace Boscolo Hotel, including 60 new rooms and a floor of offices.
A conference centre attached to the hotel will include an auditorium to seat 500 people, while a commercial gallery and business centre will occupy the ground floor of the building.
140 residential apartments will be located between the first and seventh floors.
Construction is due for completion in June 2009.
The following information is from Iosa Ghini Associati:
NEXT OPENING: NEW YORK RESIDENCE, BUDAPEST – DESIGN MASSIMO IOSA GHINI
A new building ‘New York Residence’ designed by the Iosa Ghini Associates is under construction and will be ready next june 2009 in Budapest adjacent to New York Palace Hotel.
The project includes four main parts: The expansion of the New York Palace Boscolo Luxury Hotel including sixty new rooms as well as a floor for office use.
The conference centre, that will include a 500 seats Auditorium with adjacent business and leisure areas. The conference centre will be connected to the business areas of the New Palace Hotel designed by Iosa Ghini Associati.
The ground floor will have a large Commercial Gallery and business centre, with five entrances that will connect the hotel to the boulevard Erzsébet korut to Rackozi Ut, where there will be the new building, drawing and enveloping visitors with artistic lines.
Lastly, the project will also comprise 140 condominiums including penthouses with large balconies.The apartments are designed with flair and particular attention to material and details.The residential apartments are of two types: simplex and duplex.Simplex condos, from the first to the fifth floor, are with areas of 30 Sqm to 90 Sqm.Duplex condos will be on the sixth and seventh floor, with areas of 70 to 100 Sqm. All duplexes have large balconies.The design of the apartments are characterized by the fluidity of the lines of the gibs layers.
- CEBRA's sports centre "grows like a mush…room" from concrete skate park by Glifberg+Lykkeskate
- Kripalu Annex by Peter Rose + Partners
- TYIN Tegnestue adds bamboo bathhouse to …Safe Haven Orphanage in Thailand
- Forest Bath by Kyoko Ikuta and Katsuyuki… Ozeki
- ArboSkin pavilion made from bioplastic b…y ITKE
- Pump House by Branch Studio Architects i…s a metal-clad lakeside retreat
- Smiljan Radić's Serpentine Gallery Pavi…lion photographed by Jim Stephenson
- Amano Design Office wraps Tokyo office b…lock with steel ribbons
- Villa Wallin by Erik Andersson Architect…s
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories