Called REK, the bookcase consists of five parts, which slide out to accommodate books in the resulting voids as the user accumulates them.
"REK is a bookcase that grows with your book collection. The more books, the bigger the bookcase," explains de Jong.
The following information is from the designer:
The zigzag shaped parts slide in and out of each other, providing as much space as needed. With REK there will be no silly sights of half an empty bookcase anymore because REK will always be full. Also with the different spaces that appear you can arrange your books according to their size.
The outside of REK is finished with white high gloss laminate. The inside is finished with another type of laminate, in this case warm grey satin.
design: Reinier de Jong
execution: Bom Interieurs
- Mutation by Ora-Ïto for Citroën
- Paddling Home by Kacey Wong
- New bags by Jerome Olivet
- Energy-conscious design exhibition in …Paris
- Tom Dixon Shop by Studio Toogood
- Designer Christmas cards
- Traffic by Konstantin Grcic for Magis
- Bilder & De Clercq by …,staat
- Monica Förster folds cushions over so…fa modules for Fogia
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories