Called REK, the bookcase consists of five parts, which slide out to accommodate books in the resulting voids as the user accumulates them.
"REK is a bookcase that grows with your book collection. The more books, the bigger the bookcase," explains de Jong.
The following information is from the designer:
The zigzag shaped parts slide in and out of each other, providing as much space as needed. With REK there will be no silly sights of half an empty bookcase anymore because REK will always be full. Also with the different spaces that appear you can arrange your books according to their size.
The outside of REK is finished with white high gloss laminate. The inside is finished with another type of laminate, in this case warm grey satin.
design: Reinier de Jong
execution: Bom Interieurs
- Floors by Big-Game
- SpaceShipTwo by Virgin Galactic
- Yves Behar's thermostat for British Ga…s aimed at "everyone from your grandma to your auntie"
- Designs of the Year 2013 exhibition at… the Design Museum
- Sara Lee headquarters by Marco Hemmerl…ing
- Raf Simons' trainers for Adidas are ba…sed on vintage space suits
- Hulger Indian Call Centre and The Repl…enishing Body movie
- Designers interpret "home" for Airbnb …Trafalgar Square installation
- Bucket Vase by Qubus Design Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories