Called REK, the bookcase consists of five parts, which slide out to accommodate books in the resulting voids as the user accumulates them.
"REK is a bookcase that grows with your book collection. The more books, the bigger the bookcase," explains de Jong.
The following information is from the designer:
The zigzag shaped parts slide in and out of each other, providing as much space as needed. With REK there will be no silly sights of half an empty bookcase anymore because REK will always be full. Also with the different spaces that appear you can arrange your books according to their size.
The outside of REK is finished with white high gloss laminate. The inside is finished with another type of laminate, in this case warm grey satin.
design: Reinier de Jong
execution: Bom Interieurs
- WirePod by Joris Laarman
- Design Miami Basel 2007
- dezeen loves... COMPANY'S annual repor…t
- Emanuele Kabu creates colourful animat…ed music video with paint and marker pens
- Christopher Raeburn transforms a life …raft into brightly coloured coats
- Studio Job interprets famous buildings… with "whacked and expressive" Landmark series
- Hanna Yoon's Experience Journal helps …you record your favourite places
- Istanbul Twilight by Siba Sahabi
- Architects' faces are made up of their… buildings in Federico Babina's Archiportraits series
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories