Called REK, the bookcase consists of five parts, which slide out to accommodate books in the resulting voids as the user accumulates them.
"REK is a bookcase that grows with your book collection. The more books, the bigger the bookcase," explains de Jong.
The following information is from the designer:
The zigzag shaped parts slide in and out of each other, providing as much space as needed. With REK there will be no silly sights of half an empty bookcase anymore because REK will always be full. Also with the different spaces that appear you can arrange your books according to their size.
The outside of REK is finished with white high gloss laminate. The inside is finished with another type of laminate, in this case warm grey satin.
design: Reinier de Jong
execution: Bom Interieurs
- Ink made from insects by Evelien Crooy
- Hakes shoes SS11 by Julian Hakes
- VC1 Cufflinks by VOID Watches
- Kiwa bench by Hyung Suk Cho
- Register now for free entry to Tent Lond…on
- Benjamin Hubert plays with slip-casting …process to create seamed ceramic tableware
- Lite by Animal Farm
- Post A Phone by Priestman Goode
- The Fish Feast by Erik de Laurens
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories