Called REK, the bookcase consists of five parts, which slide out to accommodate books in the resulting voids as the user accumulates them.
"REK is a bookcase that grows with your book collection. The more books, the bigger the bookcase," explains de Jong.
The following information is from the designer:
The zigzag shaped parts slide in and out of each other, providing as much space as needed. With REK there will be no silly sights of half an empty bookcase anymore because REK will always be full. Also with the different spaces that appear you can arrange your books according to their size.
The outside of REK is finished with white high gloss laminate. The inside is finished with another type of laminate, in this case warm grey satin.
design: Reinier de Jong
execution: Bom Interieurs
- Work in Progress at the Royal College of… Art
- Fuck You and the Horse You Rode in On by… Kelly McCallum
- Designed to Win at the Design Museum
- Close to be Open by Agnes Ögren and Val…erie Otte
- Mint by Smith & Wightman and BCMH
- L22 chair by Pilot///Wave
- M.A.S.T. by Joe Velluto
- Alice Spieser's 3D-printed tap aims to m…ake drinking from the faucet more dignified
- Cordula by Stephanie Jasny
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories