Called REK, the bookcase consists of five parts, which slide out to accommodate books in the resulting voids as the user accumulates them.
"REK is a bookcase that grows with your book collection. The more books, the bigger the bookcase," explains de Jong.
The following information is from the designer:
The zigzag shaped parts slide in and out of each other, providing as much space as needed. With REK there will be no silly sights of half an empty bookcase anymore because REK will always be full. Also with the different spaces that appear you can arrange your books according to their size.
The outside of REK is finished with white high gloss laminate. The inside is finished with another type of laminate, in this case warm grey satin.
design: Reinier de Jong
execution: Bom Interieurs
- A3 Animals by Michael Schoner
- Shape/Form by Lukas Peet
- No Pause by Gio Tirotto
- Inside Out Hanger by A'postrophe Design …transforms to hold more than one shirt
- Furniture for Tracey Neuls Eastside by F…audet-Harrison
- Colour-changing ink transforms flame-eng…ulfed headdress by Lauren Bowker
- Scribble's colour-matching pen can write… in millions of tones
- Amanda Levete for Corian at LDF 2
- Nomadic Furniture by Jorge Penadés
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories