Called REK, the bookcase consists of five parts, which slide out to accommodate books in the resulting voids as the user accumulates them.
"REK is a bookcase that grows with your book collection. The more books, the bigger the bookcase," explains de Jong.
The following information is from the designer:
The zigzag shaped parts slide in and out of each other, providing as much space as needed. With REK there will be no silly sights of half an empty bookcase anymore because REK will always be full. Also with the different spaces that appear you can arrange your books according to their size.
The outside of REK is finished with white high gloss laminate. The inside is finished with another type of laminate, in this case warm grey satin.
design: Reinier de Jong
execution: Bom Interieurs
- Benjamin Hubert exposes timber frames in… Prop furniture collection for Moroso
- Nike launches 3D-printed sports bag for …Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Clemens Weisshaar and Reed Kram design c…ar-sharing programme for Audi
- Stuck Chair by Oato
- Movie: tour of Design Interactions at Sh…ow RCA 2012 with Tony Dunne
- Capital headphones by KiBiSi for AIAIAI
- Studio Mini by Anna Hadwick
- Xile by Mats Karlsson
- Papela by Meirav Barzilay
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories