Called REK, the bookcase consists of five parts, which slide out to accommodate books in the resulting voids as the user accumulates them.
"REK is a bookcase that grows with your book collection. The more books, the bigger the bookcase," explains de Jong.
The following information is from the designer:
The zigzag shaped parts slide in and out of each other, providing as much space as needed. With REK there will be no silly sights of half an empty bookcase anymore because REK will always be full. Also with the different spaces that appear you can arrange your books according to their size.
The outside of REK is finished with white high gloss laminate. The inside is finished with another type of laminate, in this case warm grey satin.
design: Reinier de Jong
execution: Bom Interieurs
- Hoog en Droog by Jephte Francissen
- Vase and kitchen timer by Studio Lama
- Still Life by PJADAD and Atelier Food
- Area Bed by Alain Gilles for Magnitude
- Rene Siebum manipulates door handles to …explore the sense of touch
- Molteni&C Sofa Chats: Arik Levy
- Mediumwave by Jake Rich is a pod-shaped …microwave on wheels
- Goodnight Day by JamesPlumb
- Watches from new Australian brand Stock …launch at Dezeen Watch Store
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories