Called REK, the bookcase consists of five parts, which slide out to accommodate books in the resulting voids as the user accumulates them.
"REK is a bookcase that grows with your book collection. The more books, the bigger the bookcase," explains de Jong.
The following information is from the designer:
The zigzag shaped parts slide in and out of each other, providing as much space as needed. With REK there will be no silly sights of half an empty bookcase anymore because REK will always be full. Also with the different spaces that appear you can arrange your books according to their size.
The outside of REK is finished with white high gloss laminate. The inside is finished with another type of laminate, in this case warm grey satin.
design: Reinier de Jong
execution: Bom Interieurs
- Father's Day gifts at Dezeen Watch Store
- Konstantin Grcic adds armchair to Pro se…ating collection for Flötotto
- Tableware by ICOSAEDRO designed to be pr…inted out at home
- The return of the pocket watch
- Special Spoons by Ineke Hans come like a… model kit
- Microdevices that mimic human organs cou…ld replace animal testing
- Nir Meiri's double-headed 2 Moons lamp m…imics celestial bodies
- Piet Hein Eek and Roderick Vos collabora…te with disadvantaged makers for Social Label initiative
- The Alchemist's Dressing Table by Lauren… Davies
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories