Called REK, the bookcase consists of five parts, which slide out to accommodate books in the resulting voids as the user accumulates them.
"REK is a bookcase that grows with your book collection. The more books, the bigger the bookcase," explains de Jong.
The following information is from the designer:
The zigzag shaped parts slide in and out of each other, providing as much space as needed. With REK there will be no silly sights of half an empty bookcase anymore because REK will always be full. Also with the different spaces that appear you can arrange your books according to their size.
The outside of REK is finished with white high gloss laminate. The inside is finished with another type of laminate, in this case warm grey satin.
design: Reinier de Jong
execution: Bom Interieurs
- 11 of the best designs for coffee-lovers
- Chairs by Guido Garotti
- Dezeen podcast: Dieter Rams at the Desig…n Museum
- Wim Crouwel designs typeface for Holland…'s FIFA World Cup 2014 kit
- The Swiss Art of Expression by Laufen in… Milan
- Interview: Justin McGuirk at Dezeen Stud…io
- Another Country launches lighting collec…tion with designs by Dana Cannam
- Tiffany Flowers by Ding3000
- Super Contemporary interviews: Hussein C…halayan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories