The figures are made from re-appropriated objects and components. Above: Robot with orange antennae and green arms, created using re-appropriated materials. Designed by Rusti D., Argentina, 2008. 7" (H) (SM2627).
Above: Robot with red helmet and jetpack, created using re-appropriated materials. Designed by Rusti D., Argentina, 2008. 8" (H) (SM2578).
Above: Robot with striped body, gray helmet and pale green cane, created using re-appropriated materials. Designed by Rusti D., Argentina, 2008. 6" (H) (SM2600).
Here's a bit of text from the gallery:
Rusti D. (Argentina) designs and makes playful figures created from found and gifted materials, primarily broken or unused toys, and industrial plastic parts. Loosely classified as Robots, the colorful, animated figures offer a refreshing take on figurative sculpture and toy design.
More from R 20th Century at Design Miami:
- KRUZIFIX by Stefan Strumbel
- Decode: Digital Design Sensations at the… V&A
- Nike GS football boot by Nike
- Made in Italy: the Influence of Italian …Design
- Veloheld by neongrau.id
- Table, Bench, Chair by Sam Hecht
- Calvert Brody typeface by Margaret Calve…rt, Neville Brody and Henrik Kubel
- Steel frames are bolted together to form… Flexible Order modular furniture system
- Matières à Chaud by 5.5 Studio
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories