The figures are made from re-appropriated objects and components. Above: Robot with orange antennae and green arms, created using re-appropriated materials. Designed by Rusti D., Argentina, 2008. 7" (H) (SM2627).
Above: Robot with red helmet and jetpack, created using re-appropriated materials. Designed by Rusti D., Argentina, 2008. 8" (H) (SM2578).
Above: Robot with striped body, gray helmet and pale green cane, created using re-appropriated materials. Designed by Rusti D., Argentina, 2008. 6" (H) (SM2600).
Here's a bit of text from the gallery:
Rusti D. (Argentina) designs and makes playful figures created from found and gifted materials, primarily broken or unused toys, and industrial plastic parts. Loosely classified as Robots, the colorful, animated figures offer a refreshing take on figurative sculpture and toy design.
More from R 20th Century at Design Miami:
- Dezeen Studio: Saturdayat MOST
- Gentlemen’s Room 1953 by Snodevormgeve…rs
- Kine Solberg's window panels made with l…enses create distorted views
- Breathing wall 2.0 by Behnaz Farahi is c…ontrolled by hand gestures
- Samuel Wilkinson designs Grace collectio…n of aluminium furniture
- Skew by Ross McBride at Dezeen Watch Sto…re
- Interview: Tokujin Yoshioka at Design Mi…ami
- Folly by Ron Arad for Magis
- Jonas Wagell expands Swell sofa range fo…r Normann Copenhagen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories