The figures are made from re-appropriated objects and components. Above: Robot with orange antennae and green arms, created using re-appropriated materials. Designed by Rusti D., Argentina, 2008. 7" (H) (SM2627).
Above: Robot with red helmet and jetpack, created using re-appropriated materials. Designed by Rusti D., Argentina, 2008. 8" (H) (SM2578).
Above: Robot with striped body, gray helmet and pale green cane, created using re-appropriated materials. Designed by Rusti D., Argentina, 2008. 6" (H) (SM2600).
Here's a bit of text from the gallery:
Rusti D. (Argentina) designs and makes playful figures created from found and gifted materials, primarily broken or unused toys, and industrial plastic parts. Loosely classified as Robots, the colorful, animated figures offer a refreshing take on figurative sculpture and toy design.
More from R 20th Century at Design Miami:
- Cognac Glass by Rikke Hagen
- Papa de Tenerife Packaging by Héctor …Serrano
- Vases by Simon Hasan
- Dezeen's top ten: bookcases
- Husmus by Muungano
- Hai by Luca Nichetto for One Nordic
- Fold by Nendo for Conde House
- Catalytic Clothing by Helen Storey and… Tony Ryan
- Movie: Erwan Bouroullec on his favouri…te project ever at Clerkenwell Design Week
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories