The figures are made from re-appropriated objects and components. Above: Robot with orange antennae and green arms, created using re-appropriated materials. Designed by Rusti D., Argentina, 2008. 7" (H) (SM2627).
Above: Robot with red helmet and jetpack, created using re-appropriated materials. Designed by Rusti D., Argentina, 2008. 8" (H) (SM2578).
Above: Robot with striped body, gray helmet and pale green cane, created using re-appropriated materials. Designed by Rusti D., Argentina, 2008. 6" (H) (SM2600).
Here's a bit of text from the gallery:
Rusti D. (Argentina) designs and makes playful figures created from found and gifted materials, primarily broken or unused toys, and industrial plastic parts. Loosely classified as Robots, the colorful, animated figures offer a refreshing take on figurative sculpture and toy design.
More from R 20th Century at Design Miami:
- M2B by Niko de la Faye
- Nendo adds boat shoes and a crystal ches…s set to its diverse portfolio
- ByBrown designs Raindress for style-cons…cious female cyclists
- Studio Glithero at VIVID Gallery
- Swarovski Crystal Palace 3
- Richard Hutten for Christofle
- A Pound of Flesh for 50p (study) by Alex… Chinneck
- Peye and Olive by Numéro 111 for Ligne …Roset
- Ronde Pendant by Oliver Schick for GUBI
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories