University of Innsbruck graduate Andreas Hoerl has sent us these images of his thesis project called Flotsam - swimming architecture.
The project is a conceptual design for a floating gallery where students and architects can exhibit their designs.
Here's some text from Hoerl:
flo tSA_M - swimming architecture (function: architecture gallery)
The idea is to create a stage for architects/students to make architecture accessible to a bigger audience. Therefore the architecture itself and the exposed projects are the mediators. Space is made aware during examining architecture. The space that we inhabit is focused, space that offers but also forces itself to the user. Architecture to raise perception, architecture as a challenge of perception.
the name flo tSA_M, becomes program. flo tSA_M as definition of its function, constant floating in a chancing environment, resting-place for futuristic fragments of architectural flotsam from the continent. flo tSA_M is a swimming space, for places without places, relied on its own, self-contained, a reservoir for imagination.
- Roof and Mushrooms pavilion by Nendo and… Ryue Nishizawa
- Desert City House by Marwan Al-Sayed Arc…hitects
- A farm workers’ cottage in Tipperary b…y Tierney Haines Architects
- Dezeen archive: viewpoints
- Cafe Pavilion Düren by Architekten Mart…enson und Nagel Theissen
- Elastic House by Etienne Meneau
- "Bloody fools, bloody fools"
- René van Zuuk creates a wavy pier with …an integrated lightbox over an Almere lake
- Movie: Ai Weiwei on the Serpentine Galle…ry Pavilion
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories