University of Innsbruck graduate Andreas Hoerl has sent us these images of his thesis project called Flotsam - swimming architecture.
The project is a conceptual design for a floating gallery where students and architects can exhibit their designs.
Here's some text from Hoerl:
flo tSA_M - swimming architecture (function: architecture gallery)
The idea is to create a stage for architects/students to make architecture accessible to a bigger audience. Therefore the architecture itself and the exposed projects are the mediators. Space is made aware during examining architecture. The space that we inhabit is focused, space that offers but also forces itself to the user. Architecture to raise perception, architecture as a challenge of perception.
the name flo tSA_M, becomes program. flo tSA_M as definition of its function, constant floating in a chancing environment, resting-place for futuristic fragments of architectural flotsam from the continent. flo tSA_M is a swimming space, for places without places, relied on its own, self-contained, a reservoir for imagination.
- Northern Nautilus by Takato Tamagami
- GR230 by Code
- Cultural landscape path in the Lower M…incio by Archiplan
- Undulating timber slats surround this …London flower kiosk by Buchanan Partnership
- Studio 13/16 by Mathieu Lehanneur at t…he Centre Pompidou
- "I'd love to design a brothel or a gas… station" says Brazilian architect Isay Weinfeld
- Ateliereen Architecten's concrete obse…rvation tower features a climbing wall and zip line
- Venice biennale most popular ever
- The Design Republic Commune by Neri&Hu
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories