Peter Barber Architects have won a competition to design a new urban quarter at Goldhawk Road in London.
The development will feature 68 homes set around pedestrian streets.
Here's a little bit of info from the architects:
Peter Barber Architects, with Places for People Developments, have this week been announced as winners of a high profile competition run by the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham to design a high density urban quarter of 68 homes in Goldhawk Road.
Goldhawk Village is a network of intimately scaled streets widening into a little square. A density of 240 dwellings per hectare is achieved through a radical reworking of the traditional ‘back-to-back’ terraced house.
- Timber treehouse hangs inside Oily Cart …theatre headquarters by Hawkins\Brown
- House at Punta Chilen by dRN Architects
- VTB Arena Park by Erick van Egeraat
- Star House by AGi Architects
- More images of Nouvel’s Abu Dhabi muse…um
- Kuokkala Church by Lassila Hirvilammi an…d Luonti
- Shell by ARTechnic architects
- Ernesto Pereira updates a coastal Portug…uese home with timber-clad cutaways
- Immanuel Church and Parish Centre by Sau…erbruch Hutton
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories