Peter Barber Architects have won a competition to design a new urban quarter at Goldhawk Road in London.
The development will feature 68 homes set around pedestrian streets.
Here's a little bit of info from the architects:
Peter Barber Architects, with Places for People Developments, have this week been announced as winners of a high profile competition run by the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham to design a high density urban quarter of 68 homes in Goldhawk Road.
Goldhawk Village is a network of intimately scaled streets widening into a little square. A density of 240 dwellings per hectare is achieved through a radical reworking of the traditional ‘back-to-back’ terraced house.
- Curvaceous oak staircase ascends throu…gh converted convent by John Smart Architects
- KubiK extension by GRAS
- 192 Shoreham Street by Project Orange
- Protruding brickwork gives a ribbed fa…cade to Lezze's House VR in Belgium
- Maddison Architects add timber-framed …annex to log cabin in Victoria's coastal forest
- Ecolodge by Laetitia Delubac and Chris…tian Félix
- Bjarke Ingels to deliver the Royal Aca…demy Annual Architecture Lecture 2015
- Goko's House of Eight Gardens frames a… variety of open-air courtyards
- Herzog & de Meuron completes Arena do …Morro gymnasium in Brazil
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories