Peter Barber Architects have won a competition to design a new urban quarter at Goldhawk Road in London.
The development will feature 68 homes set around pedestrian streets.
Here's a little bit of info from the architects:
Peter Barber Architects, with Places for People Developments, have this week been announced as winners of a high profile competition run by the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham to design a high density urban quarter of 68 homes in Goldhawk Road.
Goldhawk Village is a network of intimately scaled streets widening into a little square. A density of 240 dwellings per hectare is achieved through a radical reworking of the traditional ‘back-to-back’ terraced house.
- UNStudio completes central pavilion for …Qingdao Horticultural Expo
- Wiel Arets completes college campus in R…otterdam's Hoogvliet district
- Ecological university building by BDG Ar…chitects features a circular plan
- Dezeen archive: dentists
- Kortrijk auditorium by Dehullu Architect…en features vertical bricks
- Natural by Manuel Alvarez Diestro
- Leaf House by Undercurrent Architects
- Messner Mountain Museum Corones by Zaha …Hadid Architects
- Ring Dome by Minsuk Cho/Mass Studies
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories