Peter Barber Architects have won a competition to design a new urban quarter at Goldhawk Road in London.
The development will feature 68 homes set around pedestrian streets.
Here's a little bit of info from the architects:
Peter Barber Architects, with Places for People Developments, have this week been announced as winners of a high profile competition run by the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham to design a high density urban quarter of 68 homes in Goldhawk Road.
Goldhawk Village is a network of intimately scaled streets widening into a little square. A density of 240 dwellings per hectare is achieved through a radical reworking of the traditional ‘back-to-back’ terraced house.
- Arum by Zaha Hadid Architects at Venice …Architecture Biennale 2012
- Torre di Moravola by Christopher Chong
- Linked Hybrid by Steven Holl Architects
- Flying Houses by Laurent Chéhère
- Duplex by Pugh + Scarpa for Make it Righ…t
- OMA Book Machine at the Architectural As…sociation
- Maitencillo House by Mas Fernandez Arqui…tectos sits at the mouth of a Chilean valley
- Suppose Design Office's ￼House in Hiba…ru stretches down to the edge of a reservoir
- Slideshow: Serpentine Gallery Pavilion 2…012 by Herzog & de Meuron and Ai Weiwei
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories