Peter Barber Architects have won a competition to design a new urban quarter at Goldhawk Road in London.
The development will feature 68 homes set around pedestrian streets.
Here's a little bit of info from the architects:
Peter Barber Architects, with Places for People Developments, have this week been announced as winners of a high profile competition run by the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham to design a high density urban quarter of 68 homes in Goldhawk Road.
Goldhawk Village is a network of intimately scaled streets widening into a little square. A density of 240 dwellings per hectare is achieved through a radical reworking of the traditional ‘back-to-back’ terraced house.
- Apartment in El Born by Arquitectura-G
- Lakeside concrete pavilion by NE-AR hous…es a fireplace inside a twisted column
- Zaha Hadid's Olympic aquatics centre due… to open in its completed form
- Prefabricated house in Melbourne's City …Square can produce more energy than it uses
- Farmstead Next to the Chapel by bergmeis…terwolf
- Prada Transformer by OMA/Rem Koolhaas
- Two Houses and Two Studios by RAUM
- Lilium Tower in Warsaw by Zaha Hadid
- Law Street House by Muir Mendes
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories