Peter Barber Architects have won a competition to design a new urban quarter at Goldhawk Road in London.
The development will feature 68 homes set around pedestrian streets.
Here's a little bit of info from the architects:
Peter Barber Architects, with Places for People Developments, have this week been announced as winners of a high profile competition run by the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham to design a high density urban quarter of 68 homes in Goldhawk Road.
Goldhawk Village is a network of intimately scaled streets widening into a little square. A density of 240 dwellings per hectare is achieved through a radical reworking of the traditional ‘back-to-back’ terraced house.
- House in Kawanishi by Tato Architects wi…th hipped roof and stilts
- Toda House by Kimihiko Okada
- Toigetation by H&P Architects is a bambo…o toilet block covered in plants
- LEAPfactory installs prefabricated ski a…nd snowboard school beside Mont Blanc
- CAZA's 100 Walls Church is surrounded by… staggered walls
- Hidden House by Teatum+Teatum
- Villa Plus by Waldemarson Berglund
- Formwerkz Architects' Terrace House is c…overed with plants inside and out
- Black-painted seaside house by Dow Jones… mimics local fishermen's sheds
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories