They created a tree-like structure around an existing concrete column, with book shelves and benches for reading and relaxing.
Wooden 'branches' were constructed around the column, and the ceiling panels were painted in different shades of green.
Other requirements of the brief included a meeting place, library and leaflet display cases.
Here's some more information from OD-V
Interior by Onno Donkers (OD-V)
The Department of Art & Culture, Rotterdam sought a design for the public space of the new premises at 6 Coolsingel.
The space consists of a 40 metre long hallway with a 10 metre square space at the end.
The requirements for the interior were lounge-areas, meeting-spaces, a little library, and leaflet display cases.
The hallway was designed with an industrial approach, while the square space has more of a “nature”-touch.
- OrfiSera by Yerce Architecture
- Corian Loves Missoni
- Mirror Virus by Pieke Bergmans
- Patterns of sand shift over time in Frid…a Escobedo's installation for Aesop
- Salon by Tetsuya Ito of Takara Space Des…ign
- Liverpool warehouse converted into offic…es by Snook Architects
- Reality Lab. Issey Miyake boutique by To…kujin Yoshioka
- Jade Museum by Archi-Union
- Private Residence by Garcia Tamjidi
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories