Cologne 09: Cordula is a floor lamp by Berlin designer Stephanie Jasny.
The lamp has 10 metres of cable, allowing it to by positioned at a distance from the power socket. Excess cable can be wound around the lamp during use.
According to Jasny, the project takes inspiration from objects found on construction sites.
Here's some more information from Stephanie Jasny:
The floor lamp CORDULA takes inspiration from objects used on construction sites. Their simplicity beyond contemporary minimalism built the starting point for its design. The aim was to take an object from the construction site into the sitting room without denying its origin.
CORDULA is the crossbred of a spotlight and a cable reel. Ten metres of cable allow distant positioning from the power socket. With its additional pivot-joint CORDULA can be rotated by 90 degrees and together with an energy-saving fluorescent lamp it creates an flexible illumination.
Material: powder coated aluminum
- Silver Sugar Spoon by Studio Makkink & B…ey
- Docks for Ophelis by Grosch + Meier
- Rise by Hussein Chalayan
- Architrave by Lee Broom for Heal's
- All Lovely Stuff at Interiors UK
- designjunction "breaks the mould of the …traditional trade show"
- Movie: Studio Libertiny at Design Miami
- Peroni Collaborazioni Talks: Fabio Nove…mbre part 1
- "There's never been a better time for Ne…w York design"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories