Self-service machines around the bar's perimeter dispense 2oz tasting samples of the 104 wines in the bar's collection.
Visitors can research the wine collection using an interactive table (above) created by Potion Design, a New York design and technology firm.
Photography by Bill Milne.
Here's some information from 2x4:
Clo is a new wine tasting bar located on the fourth floor of the Time Warner Center in Manhattan between Per Se and Bar Masa. Intended as the flagship for a global roll-out, Clo features a curated selection of 100 different wines that are dispensed in 2 oz tasting pours through an automated system. The experience is enhanced by an interactive environment that brings insight to the imbibing. Visitors can drink, socialize, taste, consume and share not only wine but information and opinions. Clo was imagined as a democratizing force in the world of viniculture. 2x4 worked closely with Andrew Bradbury and his team of Master Sommeliers to craft the experience from the development of the name and brand identity, the web and interactive components, print, packaging, to the architectural and interior design.
The following information is from Clo Wine Bar:
2x4 from NYC did our design and branding. We also feature a multi-station interactive table that I worked on with Potion Design (MIT Media Labs guys) to explore our 100+ selections dispensed my Enomatic machines from Italy as well as interact with our staff and other guests. The outside of the location features one-of-a-kind and exclusive wine lifestyle products from Esque Studios in Portland (Skull decanter - exclusive to Clo) and other designs from Arik Levy (Gaia + Gino), Tjord Boontjer (Artecnica), Karim Rashid (Gaia + Gino), Patricia Urquiola (Rosenthal), Thomas Fuchs (Dexter wine glass) and Studio Sano's Mickey Decanter.
- Nano Architects remodels 1960s apartment… in Japan with curved and letterbox-shaped openings
- Glore Store by Markmus and Neoos Design
- Rillen Vessels by Christoph Finkel at Lu…minaire Lab
- WOKmedia show at Design Miami
- D.Vision Dental Clinic by A1 Architects
- Dezeen's most popular interior design pr…ojects of 2014
- Nobis Hotel by Claesson Koivisto Rune
- SUPPA Sneaker Boutique by Daniele Lucian…o Ferrazzano
- Form Us With Love uses monochrome palett…e for Pen Store interior
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories