Barcelona designers Mediodesign have created a birch plywood chair in homage to the Eames elephant.
The designers intend the generously-proportioned chair to be reminiscent of the plywood elephant and Lounge Chair Wood (LCW), both designed by American designers Charles and Ray Eames in 1945.
Here's some text from Mediodesign:
ELEPHANT LOUNGE CHAIR
Sculptural, elegant and classic.
Elephant Lounge Chair is inspired by the LCW Molded Plywood Chair and the Elephant, sculpture chair designed by Eameses in 1945, which takes its name.
Elephant is a chair designed in pieces to be assembled like a puzzle. Its production is very efficient because it produces little waste material. It is comfortable, inviting conversation, perfect for reading.
Material: Birch plywood. Also available in infant scale.
- Virgola by Giulio Manzoni for Campeggi
- New Pinterest board: street furniture
- Arcades by Troika
- B&B Italia in Milan 2
- Goodnight Day by JamesPlumb
- World Carpets by Marcel Wanders 2
- Papernomad at The Temporium
- The Average Font combines hundreds of ch…aracters into a single typeface
- AL-10 by Vuk Jakovljevic
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories