Barcelona designers Mediodesign have created a birch plywood chair in homage to the Eames elephant.
The designers intend the generously-proportioned chair to be reminiscent of the plywood elephant and Lounge Chair Wood (LCW), both designed by American designers Charles and Ray Eames in 1945.
Here's some text from Mediodesign:
ELEPHANT LOUNGE CHAIR
Sculptural, elegant and classic.
Elephant Lounge Chair is inspired by the LCW Molded Plywood Chair and the Elephant, sculpture chair designed by Eameses in 1945, which takes its name.
Elephant is a chair designed in pieces to be assembled like a puzzle. Its production is very efficient because it produces little waste material. It is comfortable, inviting conversation, perfect for reading.
Material: Birch plywood. Also available in infant scale.
- Game On by Tom Chung
- Rhino Skin - Second Chance Gear by Hila …Raam
- Diamond chair by Nendo
- Theatre box-shaped shelves by Cecilie Ma…nz feature in Iittala's latest collection
- Empyrean Passage by Dan Corson
- Stack of utensils crafted in India forms… Cheese Maker by Studio Makkink & Bey
- "There's never been a better time for Ne…w York design"
- Glass Experiences by the Campana Brother…s
- ID Chair Concept by Antonio Citterio for… Vitra
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories