Barcelona designers Mediodesign have created a birch plywood chair in homage to the Eames elephant.
The designers intend the generously-proportioned chair to be reminiscent of the plywood elephant and Lounge Chair Wood (LCW), both designed by American designers Charles and Ray Eames in 1945.
Here's some text from Mediodesign:
ELEPHANT LOUNGE CHAIR
Sculptural, elegant and classic.
Elephant Lounge Chair is inspired by the LCW Molded Plywood Chair and the Elephant, sculpture chair designed by Eameses in 1945, which takes its name.
Elephant is a chair designed in pieces to be assembled like a puzzle. Its production is very efficient because it produces little waste material. It is comfortable, inviting conversation, perfect for reading.
Material: Birch plywood. Also available in infant scale.
- Take2 by Rolf Sachs
- Feathr launches wallpaper by tattooists,… graffiti artists and surfwear designers
- New collection by Moustache
- Plastic Classic by Pili Wu
- Lighting design classes at the Brandi In…stitute
- Nosigner at 100% Design
- Cliq coat hangers by Flow Design replace… hooks with magnets
- Friday by Reinhard Dienes
- Stacking trays by Frederik Roijé form o…verlapping grid patterns
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories