Barcelona designers Mediodesign have created a birch plywood chair in homage to the Eames elephant.
The designers intend the generously-proportioned chair to be reminiscent of the plywood elephant and Lounge Chair Wood (LCW), both designed by American designers Charles and Ray Eames in 1945.
Here's some text from Mediodesign:
ELEPHANT LOUNGE CHAIR
Sculptural, elegant and classic.
Elephant Lounge Chair is inspired by the LCW Molded Plywood Chair and the Elephant, sculpture chair designed by Eameses in 1945, which takes its name.
Elephant is a chair designed in pieces to be assembled like a puzzle. Its production is very efficient because it produces little waste material. It is comfortable, inviting conversation, perfect for reading.
Material: Birch plywood. Also available in infant scale.
- Prairie Chair by Von Tundra
- Shrine Flat-table by Schemata Architectu…re Office
- Alex Chinneck performs architectural "ma…gic trick" with Covent Garden building installation
- Prop-er Benches by Oscar Medley-Whitfiel…d
- Dezeen Watch Store at Blickfang Vienna
- Gerrit Rietveld's Steltman chair reissue…d
- Matali Crasset presents woven vessels i…n collaboration with Zimbabwean weavers
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Clinton Sheldo…n
- Z-Boat by Zaha Hadid
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories