Barcelona designers Mediodesign have created a birch plywood chair in homage to the Eames elephant.
The designers intend the generously-proportioned chair to be reminiscent of the plywood elephant and Lounge Chair Wood (LCW), both designed by American designers Charles and Ray Eames in 1945.
Here's some text from Mediodesign:
ELEPHANT LOUNGE CHAIR
Sculptural, elegant and classic.
Elephant Lounge Chair is inspired by the LCW Molded Plywood Chair and the Elephant, sculpture chair designed by Eameses in 1945, which takes its name.
Elephant is a chair designed in pieces to be assembled like a puzzle. Its production is very efficient because it produces little waste material. It is comfortable, inviting conversation, perfect for reading.
Material: Birch plywood. Also available in infant scale.
- Seven Designers for Seven Dials: aeria…l installations curated by Dezeen
- Campana Brothers at Albion Gallery
- Lex Pott and New Window sandblast tree… rings to pattern furniture collection
- Quell & Company designs iPhone dock to… be "at home in the home"
- Job Office collection by Studio Job fo…r Lensvelt
- Tokyo Designers Week interviews: Jaime… Hayón
- The Average Font combines hundreds of …characters into a single typeface
- Peacock Chair by Dror
- Food and Design videos: Philippe Starc…k
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories