Mexican architect Enrique Norten and TEN Arquitectos have unveiled their design for Cassa, a hotel and residential tower in New York City.
Here's some info from the architects:
Cassa Hotel: Cassa is located in mid-town Manhattan, at 70 West 45th Street, two blocks north of Bryant Park.
This tower is a dramatic architectural statement, using its windows and their punctured rhythm to become the facade's only ornaments, distinguishing it from the more conventional glass and stone edifices of New York's midtown.
Cassa's program mixes public and private: combining restaurant and bar with boutique Hotel and luxury Condominiums that share a common triple height lobby.
The resulting design allows the two to co-exist while functioning independently.
The tower itself is delicately proportioned, resulting from the small site and slender floor plate, like an Obelisk marking the site.
Above: lobby desk
Above: lobby entrance
Above: lobby terrace
- ExCel Phase II by Grimshaw
- Plasticamente Pavilion by Riccardo Giova…netti
- Stairs are so last year
- Astrup Fearnley Museet by Renzo Piano Bu…ilding Workshop
- elBulli Pavilion by Rodero Beggiao Archi…tects
- MuReRe houses by Adamo-Faiden
- Posen Loft by Yoshihara McKee Architects
- House in Tróia by Jorge Mealha Arquitec…to
- Feral House Nichoir by Matali Crasset
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories