Mexican architect Enrique Norten and TEN Arquitectos have unveiled their design for Cassa, a hotel and residential tower in New York City.
Here's some info from the architects:
Cassa Hotel: Cassa is located in mid-town Manhattan, at 70 West 45th Street, two blocks north of Bryant Park.
This tower is a dramatic architectural statement, using its windows and their punctured rhythm to become the facade's only ornaments, distinguishing it from the more conventional glass and stone edifices of New York's midtown.
Cassa's program mixes public and private: combining restaurant and bar with boutique Hotel and luxury Condominiums that share a common triple height lobby.
The resulting design allows the two to co-exist while functioning independently.
The tower itself is delicately proportioned, resulting from the small site and slender floor plate, like an Obelisk marking the site.
Above: lobby desk
Above: lobby entrance
Above: lobby terrace
- Wuxi Grand Theatre by PES-Architects
- Vivienne Westwood Design Studios by Anar…chitect
- Sports Hall by 3LHD
- Shift by Apollo Architects & Associates
- Taichung Gateway park by Stan Allen Arch…itects
- Soccer City by Boogertman Urban Edge + P…artners and Populous
- Kalmar Museum of Modern Art by Tham & Vi…degård Hansson Arkitekter
- "There's a very strong future for books"… - Mark Dytham on Daikanyama T-Site
- Winnipeg Skating Shelters by Patkau Arch…itects
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories