Italian lighting manufacturer Artemide opened their Taiwan flagship store in Taipei, designed by Taiwanese architects CROX, last month.
The ceiling, walls and desk consist of a single, curvilinear form made of fibre-reinforced polymer.
Installed with large, glass windows, the interior is finished with glossy paint to give the illusion of a larger space.
Here's some more information from Crox:
Responding to Artemide philosophy, lighting is a source of physical pleasure and mental comfort, CROX beautifully embellishes the first Artemide Flagship Store in Taipei Downtown with the concept of the brightness and the sense of hope by interpretating the scene of sunlight breaks through the could.
From concept to realization of the design, CROX uses the high strength yet light weight fiber-reinforced polymer(FRP) to make one piece freeform possible; extending from the ceiling to the wall and forming the counter desk. The hanging form covers the posts and beams creating the surreal atmosphere.
Carefully crafted and installed by the experience FRP maters, this sculptural composition is finished with glossy paint to give a visual illusion of a large store space.
The two-floor store installing with the big window glasses evoking the nearby neighborhood through the engaging reflection and curvilinear form.
CROX International Co., Ltd.
Influenced by Rem Koolhaas, the world famous architectural theorist and his landmark publication S, M, L,XL, CROX is established with the belief that the relationship between the users and the environment must reach the state of equilibriums in all space design projects. From metropolis plan, city landscape, interior decoration, exhibition design, scenery creation to window display, CROX has successfully overcome the traditional space definition and presented a new experience of communication without boundaries.
As one of the world’s most inspired space design firms, CROX embraces every project type from all geographic regions and budget levels. With the enormous energy and insights from the global specialists, the team is committed to collaborating with clients and their ideas. CROX is continuously works in the productive team-cooperation system to deliver the inventive marketing conformity through design satisfaction.
- Nike Air Force 1 Store by Torafu Archi…tects
- Big-Game designs indoor oasis for Pari…sian Prix Emile Hermès exhibition
- Ioannis Exarchou converts 100-year-old… Greek stable into holiday house
- Simon Bush-King adds chipboard furnitu…re and wall art to Superheroes' office
- Paul Cocksedge's Living Staircase incl…udes plants, a mini library and tea-brewing facilities
- Campaign adds opulent gold and marble …to 3.1 Phillip Lim New York flagship store
- AMO designs pop-up Miu Miu Club for fa…shion event in Paris
- Grzywinski+Pons pairs industrial fixtu…res with pastel tones for Urban Villa hotel lobby
- The JWT Agency by Mathieu Lehanneur
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories