More from Inly Design: the Japanese studio have also designed a hair salon called Primula.
The salon is located in Naruo, Japan, and opened in February.
The interior features wood flooring and shelving, with bare concrete walls.
Mirrors appear to be fractured, showing the concrete behind.
Here's some text from Inly Design:
Project name: hair make Primula
"Primula" of the store's name from the name of the flower quoted it. "Primula" is used as funeral flowers in the U.K, and it is not the impression that is good abroad too much so that Shakespeare does a metaphor as a vain flower.
However, as for the Japanese loving cherry blossoms, "Primula" is one of the flowers to like very much because the form of the flower is similar.
And, as for "Primula", "the flower of the beginning of the spring" means the etymology. It is perennial plant and different from the image pretty beautifully and strong and can be brought up for the cold, and it is cultivated all over the world. In addition, an image of such "Primula", prettiness, cuteness, it is strength, the early spring. I reflected it in the design of the shop.
The area is 67.71㎡
It opened on February 24
Office name: Inly products
- Kiosk at SCP by Michael Marriott
- Reykjavík Lights Hotel by TARK and HAF …for Keahotels
- Oslo boutique by Snøhetta reinterprets …the Scandinavian story of creation
- Onefootball HQ by TKEZ features turfed m…eeting rooms and a running track
- Habitat Antique by Facet Studio
- i29's wooden wall turns historic departm…ent store tower into artists' residence
- Villa Moda by Marcel Wanders
- 52 by Suppose Design Office
- Tree Restaurant by Koichi Takada Archite…cts
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories