Milan 09: young designers Riccardo Nannini, Domenico Orefice and Emanuele Pizzolorusso present a waste paper basket made of recycled paper at exhibition Dismettiamola! in Milan this week.
The bin consists of fifty pleated-paper containers, nesting inside one another.
When the top container is full it can be removed and disposed of, leaving the next one lining the bin.
Photo by Andrea Poggesi.
The following text is from the designers:
WASTE PAPER BIN
Designed by Riccardo Nannini + Domenico Orefice + Emanuele Pizzolorusso.
Fabriano is a basket made entirely of recycled paper. The thin layers consist of 50 disposable bags and when the bin is full you just have to extract the bag and throw it away, the layer beneath is ready to collect more paper. The shape of a "muffin cup" is easy to produce and allows to obtain the shape of a classic office bin, as well as it gives a personality to it.
Fabbrica del Vapore
Milan Design Week
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category
- "This bench is a tribute to a local hard…ware shop" - Roger Arquer
- Catastrophe by Maxim Velcovsky
- Suspended Figure by Ayako Maruta at Dies…el Denim Gallery Aoyama
- Air 1 Aquarium by Amaury Poudray
- Shadow City by Izabela Boloz
- Jaime Hayón to speak at Design Indaba
- Vitra Design Museum hosts Alvar Aalto re…trospective
- Tape Lamp by Sylvia Pichler for Skitsch
- Domestic Animals by Guus Van Leeuwen
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories