Milan 09: young designers Riccardo Nannini, Domenico Orefice and Emanuele Pizzolorusso present a waste paper basket made of recycled paper at exhibition Dismettiamola! in Milan this week.
The bin consists of fifty pleated-paper containers, nesting inside one another.
When the top container is full it can be removed and disposed of, leaving the next one lining the bin.
Photo by Andrea Poggesi.
The following text is from the designers:
WASTE PAPER BIN
Designed by Riccardo Nannini + Domenico Orefice + Emanuele Pizzolorusso.
Fabriano is a basket made entirely of recycled paper. The thin layers consist of 50 disposable bags and when the bin is full you just have to extract the bag and throw it away, the layer beneath is ready to collect more paper. The shape of a "muffin cup" is easy to produce and allows to obtain the shape of a classic office bin, as well as it gives a personality to it.
Fabbrica del Vapore
Milan Design Week
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category
- Minimalux launches Hash grid shelving un…it
- Maarten Baas: "My Smoke furniture was an… instant success"
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Sylvio …Giardina
- Cycling shoes by Tracey Neuls for Tokyob…ike
- Urbanears by Norra Norr
- Dezeen Screen: Ventura Lambrate
- Levels lamp by Form Us With Love for One… Nordic
- Beyond the Body by Imme van der Haak at …Show RCA 2012
- Zai CORE Axe by Kacper Hamilton
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories