The Fergana collection was launched at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan this week.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
Here's some text from Moroso:
The Fergana collection displays the results of a careful study of textiles, which combine ancient weaving techniques from Uzbekistan with European industrial-manufacturing techniques. The collection is made up of an exceptionally comfortable, large-sized modular sofa which can become a monobloc.
The frame is made entirely of wood. The sofa is not intended to be placed against a wall but as an island, which is the way Uzbek seating is traditionally arranged. Large cushions on the seat make the sofa particularly comfortable and snug.
- Constructive Lives by Multistorey
- Tsibi Geva hides Israel's Venice biennal…e pavilion behind a wall of used tyres
- Dezeen Watch Store
- Maritime by Benjamin Hubert for Casamani…a
- "We wanted to wake people's curiosity ab…out whisky"
- Bone Chair by Julien de Smedt Architects
- 1Z by Continuum
- Lampada by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- Genesy by Zaha Hadid for Artemide
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories