The Fergana collection was launched at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan this week.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
Here's some text from Moroso:
The Fergana collection displays the results of a careful study of textiles, which combine ancient weaving techniques from Uzbekistan with European industrial-manufacturing techniques. The collection is made up of an exceptionally comfortable, large-sized modular sofa which can become a monobloc.
The frame is made entirely of wood. The sofa is not intended to be placed against a wall but as an island, which is the way Uzbek seating is traditionally arranged. Large cushions on the seat make the sofa particularly comfortable and snug.
- To Become One by Erwin Zwiers
- Transition sportswear by Arik Levy
- StickingSticks by Kawamura-Ganjavian
- Lamp 11811 by Klemens Schillinger
- "We wanted to bring the family portrai…t into the next century"
- Base Design and Michael Young for Herd…eiros Passanha
- LunaTik at Dezeen Watch Store in New …York
- Hook pans by Karim Rashid for TVS
- Pen Pal by Oscar Diaz for Doiy
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories