The Fergana collection was launched at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan this week.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
Here's some text from Moroso:
The Fergana collection displays the results of a careful study of textiles, which combine ancient weaving techniques from Uzbekistan with European industrial-manufacturing techniques. The collection is made up of an exceptionally comfortable, large-sized modular sofa which can become a monobloc.
The frame is made entirely of wood. The sofa is not intended to be placed against a wall but as an island, which is the way Uzbek seating is traditionally arranged. Large cushions on the seat make the sofa particularly comfortable and snug.
- Eye Candy by Eye Candy Can
- Dezeen Platform: Mirna Kerr
- Österlen by Inga Sempé for Gärsnäs
- Collection One by hundredstensunits
- Alodia by Todd Bracher for Cappellini
- Askur Picnic Basket by FærID
- Postcarden by A Studio for Design
- Intimacy by Studio Roosegaarde and V2_
- New Stuff exhibition at the Johnson Trad…ing Gallery
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories