The Fergana collection was launched at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan this week.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
Here's some text from Moroso:
The Fergana collection displays the results of a careful study of textiles, which combine ancient weaving techniques from Uzbekistan with European industrial-manufacturing techniques. The collection is made up of an exceptionally comfortable, large-sized modular sofa which can become a monobloc.
The frame is made entirely of wood. The sofa is not intended to be placed against a wall but as an island, which is the way Uzbek seating is traditionally arranged. Large cushions on the seat make the sofa particularly comfortable and snug.
- aCHAIR by Ivo Otasevic
- Local by fuseproject
- With smart textiles we can "download new… colours or patterns" to our clothes
- Plopp stool by Oskar Zieta for Hay
- New Pinterest board: London 2012 Olympic… design
- One Design Office creates aluminium Arki…tube for carrying large-format drawings
- 107 Chair by Robert Stadler for Thonet
- Jan Vacek designs lamps shaped like cond…oms
- slim&strong by Delphine Frey
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories