The seating comprises a fibreglass shell and steel frame, covered in stretchy fabric.
Pieces of foam are inserted into pockets in the cover, resulting in a quilted appearance.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
Here's some text from Established & Sons:
Quilt by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The visual appearance of comfort is articulated through the unusual upholstery of the Quilt series of chairs and sofas. A pocketed outer layer, constructed from hi-tech stretch fabric, has individual foam pieces inserted within it.
This outer layer is texturally rich and inviting. Like a quilt or rug, it is then placed loosely upon a fibreglass shell and steel frame. The Quilt chair is an antithesis to the formal, structured sofas and seating designs we have become familiar with.
- Chorong lamp by Joongho Choi
- The Andy Warhol Temporary Museum by LIKE…architects
- Alliance glass collection encourages dri…nkers to match wine with water
- Headphones by Renaud Defrancesco transmi…t music through clear plastic band
- Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec at Galerie Kr…eo
- Meteo by Naoto Fukasawa for Magis
- Ring Dome Milan by Minsuk Cho/Mass Studi…es
- Tip of the Tongue by Michael Anastassiad…es
- Continue Time by Sander Mulder
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories