The seating comprises a fibreglass shell and steel frame, covered in stretchy fabric.
Pieces of foam are inserted into pockets in the cover, resulting in a quilted appearance.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
Here's some text from Established & Sons:
Quilt by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The visual appearance of comfort is articulated through the unusual upholstery of the Quilt series of chairs and sofas. A pocketed outer layer, constructed from hi-tech stretch fabric, has individual foam pieces inserted within it.
This outer layer is texturally rich and inviting. Like a quilt or rug, it is then placed loosely upon a fibreglass shell and steel frame. The Quilt chair is an antithesis to the formal, structured sofas and seating designs we have become familiar with.
- Stackle modular shelving system designed… by THINKK Studio
- Stewie by Luca Nichetto for Foscarini
- RCA Platform 10 present Crisis Shop
- Ostrich Pillow Mini by Studio Banana Thi…ngs enables napping on the go
- ANDREA by Mathieu Lehanneur and David Ed…wards
- Prosthetics exhibition at SHOWcabinet
- Doubleface by Postfossil
- Rusty Sheet Steel Chair by Max Lamb
- Spin by Reddish
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories