The seating comprises a fibreglass shell and steel frame, covered in stretchy fabric.
Pieces of foam are inserted into pockets in the cover, resulting in a quilted appearance.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
Here's some text from Established & Sons:
Quilt by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The visual appearance of comfort is articulated through the unusual upholstery of the Quilt series of chairs and sofas. A pocketed outer layer, constructed from hi-tech stretch fabric, has individual foam pieces inserted within it.
This outer layer is texturally rich and inviting. Like a quilt or rug, it is then placed loosely upon a fibreglass shell and steel frame. The Quilt chair is an antithesis to the formal, structured sofas and seating designs we have become familiar with.
- More images of Zaha Hadid's Jazz superya…cht
- WasteLandscape by Elise Morin and Cléme…nce Eliard
- Student project creates template for tur…ning old tyres into footwear
- Akitoka by Rosa Lemos
- Orbea Grow by Álex Fernández Camps
- World Cup footballers wear Battlepack bo…ots by Adidas
- Haarwerk by Hackenbroich Architekten
- Design Miami photos
- Paralympic design: competitive handcycle…s
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories