The seating comprises a fibreglass shell and steel frame, covered in stretchy fabric.
Pieces of foam are inserted into pockets in the cover, resulting in a quilted appearance.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
Here's some text from Established & Sons:
Quilt by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The visual appearance of comfort is articulated through the unusual upholstery of the Quilt series of chairs and sofas. A pocketed outer layer, constructed from hi-tech stretch fabric, has individual foam pieces inserted within it.
This outer layer is texturally rich and inviting. Like a quilt or rug, it is then placed loosely upon a fibreglass shell and steel frame. The Quilt chair is an antithesis to the formal, structured sofas and seating designs we have become familiar with.
- Straw by Osko+Deichmann
- Raft by Norm Architects for &tradition
- Binary Prints by Alex Trochut
- Hand-drawn animated music video by Ros…anna Wan for Tom Rosenthal
- Tent London and designersblock movie
- Daniel Becker Design Studio creates fu…rniture from transportation pallets
- The Blue Fence Project by StudioSupern…iche
- Sports Hijab by ResportOn
- Vault by Laurens Manders
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories