The seating comprises a fibreglass shell and steel frame, covered in stretchy fabric.
Pieces of foam are inserted into pockets in the cover, resulting in a quilted appearance.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
Here's some text from Established & Sons:
Quilt by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The visual appearance of comfort is articulated through the unusual upholstery of the Quilt series of chairs and sofas. A pocketed outer layer, constructed from hi-tech stretch fabric, has individual foam pieces inserted within it.
This outer layer is texturally rich and inviting. Like a quilt or rug, it is then placed loosely upon a fibreglass shell and steel frame. The Quilt chair is an antithesis to the formal, structured sofas and seating designs we have become familiar with.
- Sweeper Clock by Maarten Baas
- Grasshopper by Wieki Somers for Tectona
- Sketch lamp by Hung-Ming Chen and Ninna …Kapadia
- Telling Tales at the V&A
- Air Vase by Torafu Architects
- Formafantasma uses saxophones and a bras…s pendulum to track the passing of time
- Moonwatch by The Emotion Lab
- Pieke Bergmans' blown-plastic VAPOR ligh…ting "grows like a plant or animal"
- "There's a real sense of urgency for a m…ore critical design" - Beatrice Galilee at Dezeen Live
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories