The seating comprises a fibreglass shell and steel frame, covered in stretchy fabric.
Pieces of foam are inserted into pockets in the cover, resulting in a quilted appearance.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
Here's some text from Established & Sons:
Quilt by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The visual appearance of comfort is articulated through the unusual upholstery of the Quilt series of chairs and sofas. A pocketed outer layer, constructed from hi-tech stretch fabric, has individual foam pieces inserted within it.
This outer layer is texturally rich and inviting. Like a quilt or rug, it is then placed loosely upon a fibreglass shell and steel frame. The Quilt chair is an antithesis to the formal, structured sofas and seating designs we have become familiar with.
- IOU Design by TAFr
- Phonofone II by Tristan Zimmermann
- United Nude's Float shoes are created on… a desktop 3D printer
- Growing Vases by Nendo for Lasvit
- The Burble by Usman Haque
- Peneira by the Campana Brothers for Ales…si
- Ground by Michael Antrobus
- Drag by Julien Carretero
- Post Fossil at 21_21 Design Sight
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories