The seating comprises a fibreglass shell and steel frame, covered in stretchy fabric.
Pieces of foam are inserted into pockets in the cover, resulting in a quilted appearance.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
Here's some text from Established & Sons:
Quilt by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The visual appearance of comfort is articulated through the unusual upholstery of the Quilt series of chairs and sofas. A pocketed outer layer, constructed from hi-tech stretch fabric, has individual foam pieces inserted within it.
This outer layer is texturally rich and inviting. Like a quilt or rug, it is then placed loosely upon a fibreglass shell and steel frame. The Quilt chair is an antithesis to the formal, structured sofas and seating designs we have become familiar with.
- Stuff by Marina Ralph
- W-eye by Matteo Ragni for MAWOOD
- Archipix by Federico Babina
- Tjep. creates Bronze Age furniture in op…position to 3D printing
- Carl Malmsten made me do it by David Eri…csson
- Pininfarina fuses 1930s style with moder…n technology to produce bespoke bicycle
- Transformations by Tjep.
- Plastic bottles woven with wicker form C…himbarongo shades for PET Lamps project
- Plastic Classic by Pili Wu
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories