The seating comprises a fibreglass shell and steel frame, covered in stretchy fabric.
Pieces of foam are inserted into pockets in the cover, resulting in a quilted appearance.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
Here's some text from Established & Sons:
Quilt by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The visual appearance of comfort is articulated through the unusual upholstery of the Quilt series of chairs and sofas. A pocketed outer layer, constructed from hi-tech stretch fabric, has individual foam pieces inserted within it.
This outer layer is texturally rich and inviting. Like a quilt or rug, it is then placed loosely upon a fibreglass shell and steel frame. The Quilt chair is an antithesis to the formal, structured sofas and seating designs we have become familiar with.
- David Amar's Bialik furniture collection… references Art Deco floor tiles in a Tel Aviv home
- La Grande by Reinhard Dienes for Antholo…gy Quartett
- Seasons by Valentin Loellmann
- Natural History at Selfridges
- Narcissus vases by New Craft let plants …bask in their own reflections
- Vue by fuseproject and Issey Miyake
- VOID V03 alarm by David Ericsson at Deze…en Watch Store
- Scholten & Baijings exhibit retrospectiv…e at Villa Noailles
- Droog adapts Rijksmuseum collection for …Milan exhibition
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories