The seating comprises a fibreglass shell and steel frame, covered in stretchy fabric.
Pieces of foam are inserted into pockets in the cover, resulting in a quilted appearance.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
Here's some text from Established & Sons:
Quilt by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The visual appearance of comfort is articulated through the unusual upholstery of the Quilt series of chairs and sofas. A pocketed outer layer, constructed from hi-tech stretch fabric, has individual foam pieces inserted within it.
This outer layer is texturally rich and inviting. Like a quilt or rug, it is then placed loosely upon a fibreglass shell and steel frame. The Quilt chair is an antithesis to the formal, structured sofas and seating designs we have become familiar with.
- Tea set by Leo Livshetz
- Osso by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec for M…attiazzi
- Design High at Louise Blouin Foundatio…n
- Boojum by Megumi Matsubara with Assist…ant
- The Shell by Maarten Baas
- MT Club Chair by Very Good & Proper
- Milan's Salone del Mobile is still "th…e centre of the furniture design world" says Jasper Morrison
- Ornamented Life by Joana Meroz
- Till Wiedeck designs multi-level displ…ay stands for COS
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories