The seating comprises a fibreglass shell and steel frame, covered in stretchy fabric.
Pieces of foam are inserted into pockets in the cover, resulting in a quilted appearance.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
Here's some text from Established & Sons:
Quilt by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The visual appearance of comfort is articulated through the unusual upholstery of the Quilt series of chairs and sofas. A pocketed outer layer, constructed from hi-tech stretch fabric, has individual foam pieces inserted within it.
This outer layer is texturally rich and inviting. Like a quilt or rug, it is then placed loosely upon a fibreglass shell and steel frame. The Quilt chair is an antithesis to the formal, structured sofas and seating designs we have become familiar with.
- Sire by Aekae and Swisshorn
- Good Morning moka pot and Tuamotu hob by… Anderssen & Voll
- Eric Klarenbeek at Selfridges
- Space Furniture installation by voonwong…&bensonsaw
- Studio Glithero at Craft Punk
- Menu's homeware collection avoids "anyth…ing crazy coloured or hyper trendy"
- Peter Marigold at Great Brits in Milan
- Traditional Windsor chair updated by Mik…ko Hannula
- Pop Rivet by TAF at Bench 10
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories