The seating comprises a fibreglass shell and steel frame, covered in stretchy fabric.
Pieces of foam are inserted into pockets in the cover, resulting in a quilted appearance.
See all our stories from Milan in our special Milan 09 category.
Here's some text from Established & Sons:
Quilt by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec
The visual appearance of comfort is articulated through the unusual upholstery of the Quilt series of chairs and sofas. A pocketed outer layer, constructed from hi-tech stretch fabric, has individual foam pieces inserted within it.
This outer layer is texturally rich and inviting. Like a quilt or rug, it is then placed loosely upon a fibreglass shell and steel frame. The Quilt chair is an antithesis to the formal, structured sofas and seating designs we have become familiar with.
- Via Fondazza brass vases by Paolo Dell'E…lce are modelled on still life paintings
- Paralympic design: discus throwing frame
- Ola Rune at Qubique 2011
- Airborne Snotty Vases by Marcel Wanders
- Akihiro Mizuuchi makes Lego bricks from …chocolate
- Sherman Contemporary Art Foundation Bibl…iotheca by LAVA
- Zero Gravity by Fly-Pitcher
- Branca by Industrial Facility for Mattia…zzi
- Hydro-Fold byChristophe Guberan
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories