The system consists of a range of upholstered sofas, chaise longues and single beds that can be arranged in various combinations.
Urquiola has also designed accessories including tables, storage and lamps for the system.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
Here's some info from Molteni&C:
Night&Dayis a seating system based on the theme of versatility, the interpretation of spaces through new innovative solutions. Irony, comfort, taste, imagination and rationality come together in this new design by Patricia Urquiola.
The various solutions – important sofa, chaise longue or comfortable single bed – are all based on the idea of transformation.
A design without limits: colours, sizes, adjustable back and accessories to contain or display everyday objects can be combined together to give free expression to individual taste and satisfy individual needs.
- Kacper Hamilton's brass device depicts t…ime as solid matter
- "We need to redefine the sleep cycle" sa…ys architect Jürgen Mayer H
- Narcisse mirrors by various designers fo…r Domestic
- Cord-Chair by Nendo
- Blond and Bieber's dyes made from algae …"don't harm nature at all"
- "Sculpture's gift to architecture is the… staircase" - Alex de Rijke
- Dezeen and MINI Frontiers showcased "pro…vocative ideas" for future travel
- Bottle by TAF
- Cricklewood Town Square by Spacemakers
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories