The system consists of a range of upholstered sofas, chaise longues and single beds that can be arranged in various combinations.
Urquiola has also designed accessories including tables, storage and lamps for the system.
See all our stories from Milan 09 in our special category.
Here's some info from Molteni&C:
Night&Dayis a seating system based on the theme of versatility, the interpretation of spaces through new innovative solutions. Irony, comfort, taste, imagination and rationality come together in this new design by Patricia Urquiola.
The various solutions – important sofa, chaise longue or comfortable single bed – are all based on the idea of transformation.
A design without limits: colours, sizes, adjustable back and accessories to contain or display everyday objects can be combined together to give free expression to individual taste and satisfy individual needs.
- Diamond Jubilee Souvenir Poster by Sarah… Hyndman
- Leather Lampshades by Pepe Heykoop
- Breathing wall 2.0 by Behnaz Farahi is c…ontrolled by hand gestures
- Bone Chair by Julien de Smedt Architects
- Leo, Houdini, Eugene and Dash by Stefan …Diez
- Art Works by Harri Koskinen for Iittala
- Studio Diip's goldfish-driven vehicle is… designed for "enhanced pet mobility"
- Rolf Sachs at Selfridges
- Illustrators respond to Charlie Hebdo ma…gazine attack
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories