The lighting comprises hand-blown bulbs containing LEDs.
This year they were presented attached to pendant and desk lamps, and resting on old office furniture.
Bergmans also exhibited another project, called Crate Furniture, in Milan - see our previous story.
Here's some more information from Bergmans:
A unique series of Light Blubs designed by Pieke Bergmans. Bergmans ‘infected’ some light bulbs last year, which means melted bulbs came dripping down from the ceiling…
This year the infection did not cure. It’s on the rampage with no cure in sight. Even the bulbs in the safe haven of their lamps are not spared. Their DNA has mutated, more grotesque, more mutilated than ever before.
Like with an infection, the older the product the more susceptible it is: old and tired lamps surrendering their bulbs to gravity. A desk lamp giving up on life, its last gasp forming the bulb. Office cupboards, made superfluous by digital databases, prop up Light Blubs with care and love. A lamp ejects her Light Blub in desperation.
These symptoms are unique, their phenomena unpredictable. The Light Blubs accepting their fate and the pull of gravity.
Series of led lamps:
Edition: 12 unique pieces
Dimensions: 20-70 x 10-45 cm
Material: hand blown glass
Lights: 24V Osram Power Leds, 7,5 – 15W
Galleria Design Virus
Via Tortona 12 / Milan / Italia
More Dezeen stories about Pieke Bergmans:
- So-So Chairs by Jean Nouvel for Emeco
- Movie: Erwan Bouroullec on Pico tiles at… Clerkenwell Design Week
- Blur by Big-game
- Studio Swine uses aluminium foam to crea…te Metallic Geology cabinets
- Pluk by Tjep.
- Gone With the Wind by Nika Zupanc
- Design Indaba videos: Stephen Burks
- Carl Hansen & Søn updates Hans J Wegner…'s reversible tray table with smoked oak surfaces
- Form Pendants by Form Us with Love for D…esign House Stockholm
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories