In the third of four competitions celebrating publisher Thames & Hudson’s 60th anniversary this month, we’re giving away five copies of The Independent Design Guide by Laura Houseley.
The Independent Design Guide is a collection of 400 design objects by young, emerging designers.
The book has been collated by Laura Houseley, design consultant and a former senior-editor of Wallpaper magazine.
This competition has now closed.
Five winners will be selected at random and notified by email. Winners’ names will be published in a future edition of our Dezeenmail newsletter and at the bottom of this page.
See all our Thames & Hudson birthday competitions here.
Here's details about the book from Thames & Hudson:
The Independent Design Guide
Innovative Products from the New Generation
An explosively growing collector’s market in design has fuelled the interest in young, emerging designers, whose work has become as highly sought after as that of established names. Around the world more and more galleries are opening to meet this new demand. The Independent Design Guide is the first publication to present these undiscovered talents and their creations to a consumer audience. 400 of the most exciting design objects by the future stars of design are presented alongside its website. For professionals and consumers alike, the book features cross-references that highlight new design trends, innovative use of materials and related objects.
Key Sales Information
- A one-stop sourcebook for all that is new, innovative and independent in the fast-paced world of global design.
- Truly international in scope: Laura Houseley travelled worldwide to all the international furniture fairs and uncovered the small studios around the world.
- The book focuses on pieces that are produced locally or by designer- makers who do not yet have international distribution.
Laura Houseley is a design consultant to a number of key international magazines, manufacturers and creative agencies. A former senior editor at Wallpaper* magazine, she contributes to a broad range of publications, including the Financial Times, Arena Homme, Numéro and Tank. She lives in London.
The Independent Design Guide
Size 25.0 x 19.5cm
Illustrations 555 colour illustrations
ISBN 978 0 500 514573
Congratulations to the winners! Witold Śliwa in Poland, Sara Mattar in Bahrain, Gricelys Rosario Pina in Italy, Eduardo Alberto santos Alvares in Brazil and Eric Demay in Canada all won copies.
- Selfridges' Fragrance Lab attempts to di…still your character into a scent
- Brick-shaped vase by Paul Menand holds f…lowers in two ways
- Forest of One Room by Naruse Inokuma
- Z.BOX by Zaha Hadid
- Table, Bench, Chair by Sam Hecht
- Ryan Jongwoo Choi's Crumpled Chair is mo…ulded over wrinkled metal
- Wrapped by Pierre Kracht
- Dezeen archive: digital fashion
- The Bradley timepiece for blind people p…roves inclusive design has wide appeal
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories