DMY Berlin 09: a concept for a dishwasher combined with a sink by designers Peter Schwartz and Helene Steiner is on show at DMY Youngsters exhibition in Berlin this week.
Dirty crockery is loaded into a tray at the table, then put into the sink.
A cover lowered over the sink seals the dishwasher and contains water jets.
The clean dishes are then stored on the wall in the same tray in which they were washed, ready to be carried back to the table for the next mealtime.
Schwartz and Steiner are currently studying product design at the Bauaus Universität Weimar.
The show continues until Sunday.
Here's some more information from the designers:
colo dishwasher concept
colo is a dishwashing concept, whose handling is closely aligned to user-needs and the kitchen as a room of social life. colo consists of trays that are used as storage rack, for carrying and as main component of the dishwasher. for cleaning just put the tray in the provided sink and lower the cover. after washing, simply place the tray with the clean dishes on the wall again.
the colo-concept breaks with the handling-habits of an old-fashioned dishwasher.
it's a reduction of the machine to its essentials, orientated on user-needs. colo merges the dishwasher with the sink.
at this, handling-complexity is also reduced to a minimum. there is no need to sort in the dishes piece for piece, simply place the tray with all of it in the sink, and simply put the tray back on the wall when it's done.
there is no need to sort in the dishes piece for piece, simply place the tray with all of it in the sink, and simply put the tray back on the wall when it's done.
- Director Jonathan Irwin burns 250 hand-m…ade model buildings in Aqualung music video
- Paper Planes by Glithero and Baddeley Br…others at The Temporium
- Nendo reimagines the Navy Chair to creat…e new stool for Emeco
- Nike Free Trainer 5.0 by Nike
- Animated music video for Japanese band S…OUR created using spinning CDs
- Birth certificates by IWANT for Icon mag…azine
- Today at Dezeen Platform: Merel Sloothee…r, Liat Azulay and Pieter Frank de Jong
- Interview: Tokujin Yoshioka at Design Mi…ami
- Furniture by Postfossil
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories