Dutch design studio Bloomming have designed a modular system where diamond-shaped components can be individually rotated to vary the amount of light allowed to penetrate.
Called Lightfacet, the product can be used as a room divider or window blind.
It is produced in the Netherlands and made of an injection-moulded, polycarbonate-ABS blend and stainless steel.
Its "smart click" modular construction means the divider or blind can be any size.
Photos by Bart Roos.
Here's some further information from Bloomming:
Light Facet makes it possible to play with light and shadow. The diamond shapes can rotate separately and create beautiful patterns. Applicable as blinds or room divider.
Connected diamond shapes create crystalline stars, which can separate from each other be opened or closed. This abstract pattern allows you to play with the sun.
Stainless Steel & injector moulded PCABS. _Produced in The Netherlands.
Because of its smart click-system, Light Facet is available in every desired size.
Bloomming, Bas van Leeuwen & Mireille Meijs
This product is available from March 2009
- Tram Stop in Alicante by Subarquitectu…ra
- Art commissions at Heathrow Terminal F…ive
- Interview with Jens Martin Skibsted
- Fetishism in Fashion at MoBA 2013
- Barkow Leibinger chose "strong and ela…stic" cotton for tensile installation in Marrakech
- Tweezers by Clemens Auer
- Alphabunnies by Airside
- Form Pendants by Form Us with Love for… Design House Stockholm
- Offset by Giorgio Biscaro Design Studi…o
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories