Dutch design studio Bloomming have designed a modular system where diamond-shaped components can be individually rotated to vary the amount of light allowed to penetrate.
Called Lightfacet, the product can be used as a room divider or window blind.
It is produced in the Netherlands and made of an injection-moulded, polycarbonate-ABS blend and stainless steel.
Its "smart click" modular construction means the divider or blind can be any size.
Photos by Bart Roos.
Here's some further information from Bloomming:
Light Facet makes it possible to play with light and shadow. The diamond shapes can rotate separately and create beautiful patterns. Applicable as blinds or room divider.
Connected diamond shapes create crystalline stars, which can separate from each other be opened or closed. This abstract pattern allows you to play with the sun.
Stainless Steel & injector moulded PCABS. _Produced in The Netherlands.
Because of its smart click-system, Light Facet is available in every desired size.
Bloomming, Bas van Leeuwen & Mireille Meijs
This product is available from March 2009
- SANAA for Alessi
- Qantas First Lounges by Marc Newson
- The home of the future will "know where …you are" - Yves Behar
- NASA's travel posters promote newly disc…overed planets
- Gates by Romain Lagrange
- Floor tiles made of coloured snail poo b…y Lieske Schreuder
- Up to 25% off in the Dezeen Watch Store …winter sale
- Super Contemporary interviews: Daniel We…il
- Little Triple Chair by Frederik Roijé
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories