DMY Berlin 09: Norwegian designers Fantastic Norway have sent photos of Walking Berlin, a project in which they dressed up as their latest building and walked around Berlin.
The event took place at DMY Berlin earlier this month and featured members of Fantastic Norway wearing models of high-rise towers while walking, cycling and dancing around the city.
Here's some text from Fantastic Norway:
“Walking Berlin” // Description
”Walking Berlin” was an event created as part of our exhibition at the DMY International Design Festival 09 in Germany/Berlin. The walking houses are man-sized models of our latest architectural project: a tourist destination located on the northern west coast of Norway. As our project depend on the idea of travelling, we decided it was only fair that the houses got to do some travelling too!
The project consists of a group of narrow high-rise modules welcoming the guests of the Norwegian west coast. The systematic and flexible module-system allows the outdoor spaces, the miniature high-rise modules and the interiors to be designed in collaboration with the future inhabitants and selected artists. Interacting with the locals of Berlin, the event emphasizes the project’s social and local ambitions.
While exploring the streets of central Berlin, the walking houses chatted with the locals, danced at Alexanderplatz, travelled on the u-bahn, and even shared a curry-würst with the Berliners.
Architectural team: Håkon Matre Aasarød, Erlend Blakstad Haffner, Magnus Ohren, Tomos Osmond, Anne Busemann, Mathias Steinbru, Anette Flygansvær, Ingeborg Cappelen Lindheim, Renata Barros and Håvard Arnhoff.
Client: Bjørn Erik Sørvig
- Stade Bordeaux Atlantique by Herzog & de… Meuron
- Universita Luigi Bocconi by Grafton Arch…itects
- Bauhaus Masters' Houses reinterpreted by… Bruno Fioretti Marquez
- House in Hieidaira by Tato Architects
- Genesis by David Adjaye at Design Miami/
- Nottingham Contemporary by Caruso St Joh…n Architects
- Zaha Hadid plans sinuous apartment compl…ex for first project in Mexico
- UNStudio's dynamic facade will control i…ndoor climate for Seoul tower
- Fabric Facade Studio Apartment by CC-Stu…dio, Studio TX and Rob Veening
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories