DMY Berlin 09: Norwegian designers Fantastic Norway have sent photos of Walking Berlin, a project in which they dressed up as their latest building and walked around Berlin.
The event took place at DMY Berlin earlier this month and featured members of Fantastic Norway wearing models of high-rise towers while walking, cycling and dancing around the city.
Here's some text from Fantastic Norway:
“Walking Berlin” // Description
”Walking Berlin” was an event created as part of our exhibition at the DMY International Design Festival 09 in Germany/Berlin. The walking houses are man-sized models of our latest architectural project: a tourist destination located on the northern west coast of Norway. As our project depend on the idea of travelling, we decided it was only fair that the houses got to do some travelling too!
The project consists of a group of narrow high-rise modules welcoming the guests of the Norwegian west coast. The systematic and flexible module-system allows the outdoor spaces, the miniature high-rise modules and the interiors to be designed in collaboration with the future inhabitants and selected artists. Interacting with the locals of Berlin, the event emphasizes the project’s social and local ambitions.
While exploring the streets of central Berlin, the walking houses chatted with the locals, danced at Alexanderplatz, travelled on the u-bahn, and even shared a curry-würst with the Berliners.
Architectural team: Håkon Matre Aasarød, Erlend Blakstad Haffner, Magnus Ohren, Tomos Osmond, Anne Busemann, Mathias Steinbru, Anette Flygansvær, Ingeborg Cappelen Lindheim, Renata Barros and Håvard Arnhoff.
Client: Bjørn Erik Sørvig
- Folded facade gives a paper-like weight …to Yukio Hashimoto's F-House
- Embassy of the Czech Republic by Chalupa… Architekti
- Minimalist House by Shinichi Ogawa & Ass…ociates
- Haus Germann by Marte.Marte
- Casa 2V by BR3 Arquitetos features a bri…dge, a courtyard and a granite-topped staircase
- IHRMK's house with a staggered profile l…ooks out over a landscape of paddy fields
- "This was the first botanical garden pur…ely for Australian native plants"
- Galaxy Soho by Zaha Hadid Architects
- The Timmelsjoch Experience Pass Museum b…y Werner Tscholl
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories