French designer Amaury Poudray has designed a glass, zeppelin-shaped aquarium supported by a steel frame.
More fish tank stories on Dezeen:
Here are some words from Audray:
I am exploring structures’ construction and their limits through experiences in furniture design. I add, build with simple elements. These materials, shapes and alive elements combinations makes me think about writing which combine letters to create meaning. Each elements is a part of everything as well as autonomus.
My goal was to elevate this glass shape and create a link between two materials. Glass is highlighted and in danger by the minimal steel legs. Several tries were necessary to find the solution of a glass tube to slide steel legs in. This object is a construction, an assembling, a simple accumulation of elements, alive or not. The construction principle is visible in the product conception as well as in its utilisation.
"Air 1" was built with the glass craftsman Pierre Pignat, Genas (69) France.
Amaury Poudray is part of the brand new design studio "Matiere A" composed also with Remi Bouhaniche, Marie Declerck.
- Austerity edible furniture by Lanzavecch…ia + Wai
- Aqua Jewels by Marcel Wanders
- Woodworker designs solid ash bike for "e…xceptional comfort"
- Floors by Big-Game
- Blow Up – Bamboo by the Campana Brothe…rs for Alessi
- Shepard Fairey wins Design of the Year
- Doug Wheeler creates illusion of infinit…e white space inside Venetian palazzo
- Voltage by Iris van Herpen with Neri Oxm…an and Julia Koerner
- Seatylock is a bicycle seat that is also… a removable bike lock
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories