Cape Town designers Animal Farm have produced an "organic lounger" made from woven branches that hangs in a tree and is reached by a rope ladder.
The structure, based on a weaver bird's next, consists of a welded steel frame covered in woven branches.
Suspended three metres above the ground, the nest can hold two adults and a small child.
The designer, Porky Hefer, is currently producing a second, larger nest which can carry four adults.
See our earlier story about Lite by Animal Farm.
- Rice-Design at 100% Design Tokyo
- Hardcoded Memory by Troika
- 20 Designers at Biologiska
- Deptford Design Market Challenge
- Advances in digital interfaces will lead… to a "new beginning in music"
- Antenna by Neil Poulton for Vertigo Bird
- Takaya incorporates taxidermy into botan…ical headdresses
- Air Vase by Torafu Architects
- Luminous red arches by LIKEarchitects in…stalled at Portuguese palace
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories