Cape Town designers Animal Farm have produced an "organic lounger" made from woven branches that hangs in a tree and is reached by a rope ladder.
The structure, based on a weaver bird's next, consists of a welded steel frame covered in woven branches.
Suspended three metres above the ground, the nest can hold two adults and a small child.
The designer, Porky Hefer, is currently producing a second, larger nest which can carry four adults.
See our earlier story about Lite by Animal Farm.
- Multi-Touch Gestures by Gabriele Melda…ikyte
- Krijn de Koning builds colourful archi…tectural structures at Turner Contemporary
- "Bosnian handicraft meets Scandinavian… design" in Monica Förster's range for Zanat
- New work from Tom Dixon
- Instant Allotment by Louise Campbell
- Designers of the future at Design Miam…i/Basel
- Serpentine Pavilion Intervention by Un…ited Visual Artists
- Mobile suicide prevention station is b…ased on street-food stands
- Design High at Louise Blouin Foundatio…n
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories