Cape Town designers Animal Farm have produced an "organic lounger" made from woven branches that hangs in a tree and is reached by a rope ladder.
The structure, based on a weaver bird's next, consists of a welded steel frame covered in woven branches.
Suspended three metres above the ground, the nest can hold two adults and a small child.
The designer, Porky Hefer, is currently producing a second, larger nest which can carry four adults.
See our earlier story about Lite by Animal Farm.
- One More Time by Kiki van Eijk
- Dezeen’s top ten: shoes
- Jaime Hayón for Bosa
- Punkt. AC 01 by Jasper Morrison
- Move Your Energy by Novague
- Watch the design evolution of the bicycl…e in a one-minute animation
- Hybrid Collection by CTRLZAK studio for …Seletti
- Mark the last veil by Roos Kuipers
- Trees for Lycée Germaine Tillon by Mata…li Crasset
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories