South Korean designer Kim HyunJoo has designed a combined chair and dog kennel intended to help dog owners bond with their pets.
Called Happily Ever, the seat has a soft pad for the owner to sit on and a handle for moving it around.
The dog can sit inside or on a slightly lower platform next to its owner.
Here’s some text from Kim HyunJoo:
Happily Ever is a chair combined with a dog house that has been designed to promote various scenarios for friendship and bonding between dogs and owners through their sharing of an object.
Wherever you are, your dog always wants to be near you. For example, when a dog owner sits on a chair, the dog will often sit under the chair. When their pet comes near, an owner will typically pat it – a heartwarming experience for both individuals. Happily ever is based on these kinds of behaviors.
There are various ways to use Happily Ever. The owner can sit anywhere on the chair. The dog can rest inside the chair, or sit on top of it.
There are two seats – the lower one is for the dog or owner, and the upper one is just for the owner (making use of a height ranking system). There is soft cushioning on the higher seat for comfort. A hole at the back of the chair allows it to be picked up easily, and also assists with taking the seat apart for cleaning. The pet might reach through the hole with their paw to play with the owner.
Size: W800 x D470 x H500 (mm)
Material: resin, fabric.
- Nipple lights by Naama Arbel
- Industrial Facility's w152 lamps charge …electronic devices
- 4millimetri table by Studiocharlie
- Osko+Deichmann extends kinked steel furn…iture range for Blå Station
- Helmut Smits' The Real Thing turns Coca-…Cola back into water
- USM's Rethink the Modular exhibition aim…s to "give a new perspective on modularity"
- KitRadio by Samuel Rhoads-Clarke
- PAD by Alejandro Zaera Polo for Dynamobe…l
- MPGMB's homeware includes terracotta cac…ti pots based on desert forms
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories