South Korean designer Kim HyunJoo has designed a combined chair and dog kennel intended to help dog owners bond with their pets.
Called Happily Ever, the seat has a soft pad for the owner to sit on and a handle for moving it around.
The dog can sit inside or on a slightly lower platform next to its owner.
Here’s some text from Kim HyunJoo:
Happily Ever is a chair combined with a dog house that has been designed to promote various scenarios for friendship and bonding between dogs and owners through their sharing of an object.
Wherever you are, your dog always wants to be near you. For example, when a dog owner sits on a chair, the dog will often sit under the chair. When their pet comes near, an owner will typically pat it – a heartwarming experience for both individuals. Happily ever is based on these kinds of behaviors.
There are various ways to use Happily Ever. The owner can sit anywhere on the chair. The dog can rest inside the chair, or sit on top of it.
There are two seats – the lower one is for the dog or owner, and the upper one is just for the owner (making use of a height ranking system). There is soft cushioning on the higher seat for comfort. A hole at the back of the chair allows it to be picked up easily, and also assists with taking the seat apart for cleaning. The pet might reach through the hole with their paw to play with the owner.
Size: W800 x D470 x H500 (mm)
Material: resin, fabric.
- Receipt redesign by BERG
- X-Federation by Victor Vetterlein
- BN0021 by Braun now available at Dezee…n Watch Store
- An Almost Ephimeral Autumn by Luzinter…ruptus
- Two ceramic cones form Mia table lamp …by Federica Bubani
- SkipWaste by Oliver Bishop-Young 2
- Yves Behar moves towards the connected… garden with Edyn
- "Smart" bicycle by Vanhawks gives dire…ctions with flashing lights and vibrating safety alerts
- Doomsday Survival by Minki Cheng
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories