Dutch design graduate Erwin Zwiers has designed a set of seats and a table inspired by the imprints that people leave behind in the sand on a beach.
Named To Become One, the table and seats are part of his Leave Your Shape Behind collection.
The furniture comprises artificial-leather sacks, filled with sand and supported by ash frames.
Below is some text from Erwin:
The inspiration for the “Leave your shape behind collection” comes from the beach. The sand stimulates young and old people. Aware or unaware the sand has an attraction to touch and form it and to play with it.
The “to become one, table and seats” has two parts, the sack, which is formless, and the construction of the frame. By reinforcing each other the two parts become one. The sacks defy to form and play, just like the sand on the beach.
"To become one, table" 1300 x 100 x 750 mm ( L X B X H )
"To become one, seats" 400 x 400 x 450 mm ( L X B X H )
- Dick Van Hoff for Makkum
- Bioluminescent lamp by ￼Teresa van Don…gen glows blue with octopus bacteria
- Slow White by Bo Reudler - new pieces
- Luca Nichetto and Lera Moiseeva create c…eramic tableware for shared meals
- Jean Paul Gaultier x Melissa
- Movisi launches Peter Marigold shelving
- Doomsday Survival by Minki Cheng
- Marc Fornes creates pink "envelope of ex…periential tension" for Situation Room installation
- Skew bookcase by Smånsk
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories