Dutch design graduate Erwin Zwiers has designed a set of seats and a table inspired by the imprints that people leave behind in the sand on a beach.
Named To Become One, the table and seats are part of his Leave Your Shape Behind collection.
The furniture comprises artificial-leather sacks, filled with sand and supported by ash frames.
Below is some text from Erwin:
The inspiration for the “Leave your shape behind collection” comes from the beach. The sand stimulates young and old people. Aware or unaware the sand has an attraction to touch and form it and to play with it.
The “to become one, table and seats” has two parts, the sack, which is formless, and the construction of the frame. By reinforcing each other the two parts become one. The sacks defy to form and play, just like the sand on the beach.
"To become one, table" 1300 x 100 x 750 mm ( L X B X H )
"To become one, seats" 400 x 400 x 450 mm ( L X B X H )
- Blood pack of Santa Claus by Kiseung Lee
- La Chance launches at MOST
- Whittle Chair by Karen Ryan
- Escale Numérique by Mathieu Lehanneur
- OS & OOS upholsters Keystone chair in Ra…f Simons' Kvadrat textiles
- Spirit House Chair by Daniel Libeskind
- Morphê by Zbynek Krulich
- Paralympic design: adaptive sailing equi…pment
- Chassis by Stefan Diez for Wilkhahn
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories