Dutch design graduate Erwin Zwiers has designed a set of seats and a table inspired by the imprints that people leave behind in the sand on a beach.
Named To Become One, the table and seats are part of his Leave Your Shape Behind collection.
The furniture comprises artificial-leather sacks, filled with sand and supported by ash frames.
Below is some text from Erwin:
The inspiration for the “Leave your shape behind collection” comes from the beach. The sand stimulates young and old people. Aware or unaware the sand has an attraction to touch and form it and to play with it.
The “to become one, table and seats” has two parts, the sack, which is formless, and the construction of the frame. By reinforcing each other the two parts become one. The sacks defy to form and play, just like the sand on the beach.
"To become one, table" 1300 x 100 x 750 mm ( L X B X H )
"To become one, seats" 400 x 400 x 450 mm ( L X B X H )
- Fondue lamp shaped like a cheese-melti…ng pot by Luca Nichetto
- aCHAIR by Ivo Otasevic
- Talamanca Cocoa by fuseproject
- Kyugum Hwang creates coloured Scent Pa…lette for customising perfumes
- Bodo Sperlein debuts for Lladró
- Note Design Studio's Tonella chair for… Sancal is based on wine barrels
- Bits of Wood by Pepe Heykoop
- Z Step by Michael Schoner at Depot Bas…el
- Led Zeppelin by Arthur Analts
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories