The seat is made of three layers of felt, folded and clipped in place on a metal frame.
More stories about felt chairs:
Here's a little bit of text from Dror:
The Peacock Chair is created out of three single sheets of felt and a minimal metal frame. Dror is constantly challenging the construction of objects, questioning traditional systems and simplifying movements and mechanisms.
His minimalist aesthetic is shown here in the way he challenges upholstery. The folds of the felt are woven tightly to form a structured yet incredibly comfortable lounge chair, with no sewing or upholstery involved. The intricate folding paired with the innovative method of structure create a luxurious chair that is both elegant and modern.
- Design performances in Basel
- Ghost Stories by Nendo at Friedman Benda… Gallery
- Bodging Milano at Designersblock
- W131 by Claesson Koivisto Rune for Wäst…berg
- 107 Chair by Robert Stadler for Thonet
- Mondaine Evo Big Date now available at D…ezeen Watch Store
- Qing Zuo! by Judith van den Boom
- Manifold Clock by Studio Ve
- City Music by Akko Goldenbeld
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories