The seat is made of three layers of felt, folded and clipped in place on a metal frame.
More stories about felt chairs:
Here's a little bit of text from Dror:
The Peacock Chair is created out of three single sheets of felt and a minimal metal frame. Dror is constantly challenging the construction of objects, questioning traditional systems and simplifying movements and mechanisms.
His minimalist aesthetic is shown here in the way he challenges upholstery. The folds of the felt are woven tightly to form a structured yet incredibly comfortable lounge chair, with no sewing or upholstery involved. The intricate folding paired with the innovative method of structure create a luxurious chair that is both elegant and modern.
- Renault unveils Kwid Concept car equippe…d with traffic-spotting drone
- C-Fabriek curated by Itay Ohaly and Thom…as Vailly
- Zaha Hadid sculpts marble vases and tabl…es for Citco
- Tropicalia by Patricia Urquiola
- Dezeen podcast: Konstantin Grcic at the …Serpentine Gallery
- Sight Unseen commissions Memphis-influen…ced print collection
- Living-Tools by Yi-Cong Lu
- Design performances at Design Miami/Base…l
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories