The seat is made of three layers of felt, folded and clipped in place on a metal frame.
More stories about felt chairs:
Here's a little bit of text from Dror:
The Peacock Chair is created out of three single sheets of felt and a minimal metal frame. Dror is constantly challenging the construction of objects, questioning traditional systems and simplifying movements and mechanisms.
His minimalist aesthetic is shown here in the way he challenges upholstery. The folds of the felt are woven tightly to form a structured yet incredibly comfortable lounge chair, with no sewing or upholstery involved. The intricate folding paired with the innovative method of structure create a luxurious chair that is both elegant and modern.
- Shine outdoor furniture by Arik Levy for… Emu
- Anya Sebton designs flexible storage sys…tem for Lammhults
- Robotic vacuum cleaners perform a Vienne…se Waltz at Biennale Interieur 2014
- Michael Sodeau uses Formula 1 engineerin…g to create carbon-fibre Halo chair
- Living Wood by Matali Crasset
- Alice Spieser's 3D-printed tap aims to m…ake drinking from the faucet more dignified
- La Cura by Studio Toogood at MOST
- Smoker Bell by Florian Brillet Architect…ure
- Marsotto Edizioni
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories