The seat is made of three layers of felt, folded and clipped in place on a metal frame.
More stories about felt chairs:
Here's a little bit of text from Dror:
The Peacock Chair is created out of three single sheets of felt and a minimal metal frame. Dror is constantly challenging the construction of objects, questioning traditional systems and simplifying movements and mechanisms.
His minimalist aesthetic is shown here in the way he challenges upholstery. The folds of the felt are woven tightly to form a structured yet incredibly comfortable lounge chair, with no sewing or upholstery involved. The intricate folding paired with the innovative method of structure create a luxurious chair that is both elegant and modern.
- Optical chandelier by Stuart Haygarth
- Bloodflow of beefed-up bovines harness…ed for energy in The Cow of Tomorrow project
- Giant flowers obscure models in Ondrej… Adamek's graduate fashion collection
- Audi showcases Prologue concept car in… Miami
- Postfossil at Milan 2010
- Juergen Mayer H exhibits stone sculptu…re based on data-protection patterns in Miami
- Drone grown from fungus-like material …melts if it crash lands
- Cognac Glass by Rikke Hagen
- Farm 432: Insect Breeding by Katharina… Unger
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories