The seat is made of three layers of felt, folded and clipped in place on a metal frame.
More stories about felt chairs:
Here's a little bit of text from Dror:
The Peacock Chair is created out of three single sheets of felt and a minimal metal frame. Dror is constantly challenging the construction of objects, questioning traditional systems and simplifying movements and mechanisms.
His minimalist aesthetic is shown here in the way he challenges upholstery. The folds of the felt are woven tightly to form a structured yet incredibly comfortable lounge chair, with no sewing or upholstery involved. The intricate folding paired with the innovative method of structure create a luxurious chair that is both elegant and modern.
- The House of Viktor & Rolf at the Barbic…an
- Glück XL by Naomi Paul in The Changing …Room at Dezeen Super Store
- Blend by Mieke Meijer
- Rocking Platforms by Constantinos Econom…ides
- Tasse by Patrick Norguet
- W Hotels Designers of the Future at Desi…gn Miami/Basel 2011
- Young Creative Poland at the London Desi…gn Festival
- Sparkling Chair by Marcel Wanders for Ma…gis
- Stuart Haygarth at ToolsGalerie
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories