London designer Hemal Patel of Headsprung! has designed a coat rack inspired by a ribbon blowing in the wind.
The product is hand made in mild steel, powder-coated in five different colours.
Here's some more information from Patel:
Ribbon is a wall-mounted coat rack. Inspired by a ribbon blowing in the wind, it attempts to bridge the gap between function and art - it is a practical, everyday storage solution when in use, and sculptural wall art when free from coats. It is designed with the family in mind (it can hold 5 coats, plus scarves, umbrellas, etc.), and is available in 5 colours. As it is handcrafted in India from powder-coated mild steel every unit is slightly different, giving each one its own unique character.
Product Name: Ribbon coat rack
Release Date: July 09
Designer: Hemal Patel
- Transparent Collection by Nendo
- Clothes stand with Y-shaped coat hangers… by Mifune Design Studio
- Jule Waibel’s pine cone-shaped seats a…re made by steam-folding wool felt
- BN0035 by Braun now available at Dezeen …Watch Store
- Dezeen and Paul Cocksedge present Change… the Record at Concrete
- Bouroullecs and Heatherwick for Magis
- Interview with Jens Martin Skibsted
- Autumn Winter 2013 collection by Jaimee …McKenna
- Bishop of Norwich by Kacper Hamilton
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories