London designer Hemal Patel of Headsprung! has designed a coat rack inspired by a ribbon blowing in the wind.
The product is hand made in mild steel, powder-coated in five different colours.
Here's some more information from Patel:
Ribbon is a wall-mounted coat rack. Inspired by a ribbon blowing in the wind, it attempts to bridge the gap between function and art - it is a practical, everyday storage solution when in use, and sculptural wall art when free from coats. It is designed with the family in mind (it can hold 5 coats, plus scarves, umbrellas, etc.), and is available in 5 colours. As it is handcrafted in India from powder-coated mild steel every unit is slightly different, giving each one its own unique character.
Product Name: Ribbon coat rack
Release Date: July 09
Designer: Hemal Patel
- Connected pedal protects bicycles from… theft
- Mondaine Evo Big Date now available at… Dezeen Watch Store
- Open Room No.1 by Matali Crasset
- Prado sofa with movable backrest cushi…ons by Christian Werner for Ligne Roset
- Blown-glass sex toys form Adult Tool K…it by Michael Reynolds and Jeff Zimmerman
- Dan Yeffet stacks brass, marble and gl…ass into Element vase
- Clock for an Architect by Daniel Weil
- Glacier modules by Ralston & Bau
- Table, Bench, Chair by Sam Hecht
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories