London designer Hemal Patel of Headsprung! has designed a coat rack inspired by a ribbon blowing in the wind.
The product is hand made in mild steel, powder-coated in five different colours.
Here's some more information from Patel:
Ribbon is a wall-mounted coat rack. Inspired by a ribbon blowing in the wind, it attempts to bridge the gap between function and art - it is a practical, everyday storage solution when in use, and sculptural wall art when free from coats. It is designed with the family in mind (it can hold 5 coats, plus scarves, umbrellas, etc.), and is available in 5 colours. As it is handcrafted in India from powder-coated mild steel every unit is slightly different, giving each one its own unique character.
Product Name: Ribbon coat rack
Release Date: July 09
Designer: Hemal Patel
- Papyrus chair by Ronan and Erwan Bouroul…lec
- Ixion windowless private jet by Technico…n Design offers immersive panoramic views
- Space Copenhagen creates nautical lamps …for &tradition
- Snog frozen yogurt shop by Cinimod Studi…o
- Quilt by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec
- "There's a real sense of urgency for a m…ore critical design" - Beatrice Galilee at Dezeen Live
- Evo Giant by Mondaine is now available a…t Dezeen Watch Store
- Ingo Maurer with Ron Arad
- Stamp Cutlery by Tomás Alonso for Itale…sse
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories