London designer Hemal Patel of Headsprung! has designed a coat rack inspired by a ribbon blowing in the wind.
The product is hand made in mild steel, powder-coated in five different colours.
Here's some more information from Patel:
Ribbon is a wall-mounted coat rack. Inspired by a ribbon blowing in the wind, it attempts to bridge the gap between function and art - it is a practical, everyday storage solution when in use, and sculptural wall art when free from coats. It is designed with the family in mind (it can hold 5 coats, plus scarves, umbrellas, etc.), and is available in 5 colours. As it is handcrafted in India from powder-coated mild steel every unit is slightly different, giving each one its own unique character.
Product Name: Ribbon coat rack
Release Date: July 09
Designer: Hemal Patel
- Measure calendar by Hiroyuki Miyake
- Paralympic design: Draft Mistral racing …wheelchairs
- Jaime Hayón designs furniture based on …Le Corbusier architecture
- Myto chair by Konstantin Grcic
- Ring Fibre Chair by Julien Renault
- eCity by eBoy
- Modernist London cards and BT Tower prin…t by Stefi Orazi at Dezeen Super Store
- Sagmeister & Walsh creates a logo for Fu…gue that moves to music
- "Milan used to be a place full of farms"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories