The timer is held in place by a wooden rod.
See our previous story on Studio Lama's ceramic radio here.
Here's some text from Studio Lama:
The Vase and Timer:
A ceramic Vase that integrates a cooking timer. An object that upgrades the status of the Timer and the Vase as well, so they can take there proper place in the kitchen. Moreover, it actualizes “1+1=3” in a distinct and refreshing manner.
Studio Lama is a multidisciplinary endeavor, founded in 2008 by Eitan Gigi and Ofer Dahan. The studio focuses on Product and Commercial Design. Design is what they love.
This love motivates them, as can be observed in the daily creative process, in their relations with clients and most obviously in their final products.
Preserving this desire for design is a primary objective in itself. It is constantly actualized when developing a new project, or when improving on an existing one by employing a unique creative interpretation within the limits of industrial reality.
Past years experience equipped them with abilities to navigate between projects and technologies. From the concept stage to the final production their creative process integrates research, observation and experimentation to achieve a verity of aesthetic, technological and engineering solutions.
- Bjarke Ingels draws city outlines around… porcelain tableware
- Aintree by Tomás Alonso at Vera, Chapte…r One
- Tokyo Design Tide seeks designers
- Starlight by Erich Remash, Jeremy Berglu…nd, Don Peterson and Chad Ingle
- Furniture made from soil then baked like… bread by Erez Nevi Pana
- Dezeen podcast: Alberto Alessi at the De…sign Museum
- The home of the future will "know where …you are" - Yves Behar
- Designed in Hackney: Crystal Bulb by Lee… Broom
- "Shoreditch symbolises the new creative …economy of London"
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories