The timer is held in place by a wooden rod.
See our previous story on Studio Lama's ceramic radio here.
Here's some text from Studio Lama:
The Vase and Timer:
A ceramic Vase that integrates a cooking timer. An object that upgrades the status of the Timer and the Vase as well, so they can take there proper place in the kitchen. Moreover, it actualizes “1+1=3” in a distinct and refreshing manner.
Studio Lama is a multidisciplinary endeavor, founded in 2008 by Eitan Gigi and Ofer Dahan. The studio focuses on Product and Commercial Design. Design is what they love.
This love motivates them, as can be observed in the daily creative process, in their relations with clients and most obviously in their final products.
Preserving this desire for design is a primary objective in itself. It is constantly actualized when developing a new project, or when improving on an existing one by employing a unique creative interpretation within the limits of industrial reality.
Past years experience equipped them with abilities to navigate between projects and technologies. From the concept stage to the final production their creative process integrates research, observation and experimentation to achieve a verity of aesthetic, technological and engineering solutions.
- Using traditional crafts in design is …not "sentimental" says Sebastian Cox
- Antagonist by Art of Kinetik
- Park Life by Jasper Morrison for Ketta…l
- SOFTlab installs colourful funneled ca…nopy in Melissa shoe shop
- Robot Cleaner by Jeongmi Lee
- Patricia Urquiola straps cushions to R…oll chair for Kettal
- ThinPlug by Zihni Yalcin
- Wedgwoodn’t by Michael Eden
- Numen/For Use creates 3D grid of ropes… inside inflatable String Prototype installation
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories