Dezeenwire: the winners of Index Awards, the biannual global design prize that rewards designs that improve life, were announced in Copenhagen last night. Winners in the five categories (body, home, work, play and community) each earn €100,000. Winners include Chulha, a cooking stove for the developing world by Philips Design, and PIG 05049 by Christien Meindertsma - a book that documents all the uses of a pig. www.indexaward.dk
- World's first knitted football boot anno…unced by Adidas
- Lucy McRae experiments with negative pre…ssure to "prep humans to go to space"
- Energy-conscious design exhibition in Pa…ris
- Ferdinand Kramer collection by e15
- The Country in the City by Alex Brown
- Changing Cupboard by Front
- Pernilla Ohrstedt demonstrates how "our …world will be captured in digital form"
- Established & Sons in Milan
- Jasper Morrison for Samsung
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories