Airstream House is a long thin residence in Bersée, France, designed by French architects Olivier Camus & Lydéric Veauvy of Tank Architectes.
The project is situated on a narrow sloping plot and arranged on three levels.
The building is clad in wood and the three volumes are linked by a shared terrace.
Here's some more information from Tank Architectes:
Olivier Camus & Lydéric Veauvy
This project is located on a narrow and sloping plot, on the edge of a village. The way the house had to be laid out wasn’t an easy staff since the regulations and neighbourhood limits were restricting… to avoid a very long and narrow house, the project is splited in three parts, on semi levels using the natural slope.
The first part is on the same level as the road and includes the main hall, the laundry, the play-room, the garage, the cellar and the geothermal energy local.
The second one is 80cm above the slot with large views on the outstanding landscape all around, in north, east and west directions. It comprises the living spaces: living room, kitchen and dining room.
The third one is on top of the first part and offers rooms and bathrooms. This process answers to the very initial demand of the clients who wished a one-level-house.
The 3 parts of the house meet in a suspended patio which distributes the different spaces, creates multiple relations between them and articulates one to another. The patio is the central knot between the living spaces, the main hall and the rooms.
Architecte: TANK ARCHITECTES Olivier Camus et Lydéric Veauvy, architects
Wood frame, main species : spruce.
Wood frontage, main species : mélèze
LOCATION : BERSEE / 59 / FRANCE
PLOT SURFACE AREA : 5000m²
SURFACE AREA : 280m²
BUDGET HT : 332 750 €
BUDGET HT/m2 : 1200 € / m²
CLIENT : PRIVATE
- Concrete den by Welsh + Major nestles in… a Sydney garden
- Vivienda en la Moraleja by DAHL&GHG
- Tour Végétale de Nantes by Edouard Fra…nçois
- MAC Belfast by Hackett Hall McKnight
- Hollow concrete blocks form a textured f…rontage for Wuyang Architecture's student shower block
- Southcape golf clubhouse by Mass Studies… features curving concrete canopies
- Library of Birmingham by Mecanoo Archite…cten
- Built to Wear by Ball-Nogues Studio
- Paper City: Urban Utopias exhibitionat t…he Royal Academy of Arts
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories