The store will feature a wall covered in folded artificial red suede, a development of an installation Yoshioka created for Italian funiture brand Moroso in New York in 2007, which used folded tissue.
The chairs shown here, which also use the tissue technique, are Yoshioka's Bouquet chair for Moroso.
See all our stories about Tokujin Yoshioka in our special category.
Photos are by Alessandro Paderni. Here's some text from Yoshioka:
Elements existing in nature such as plants and flowers always please us with their ever-changing expression.
The idea for this new store, which incorporates such beautiful and miraculous principles of nature, is derived from the installation presented in New York in 2007, where approximately 30,000 sheets of tissues were covered in the entire space and created the reminiscent of snowscape.
On designing the new store concept for Camper, the Spanish leading shoe brand, I pondered on creating a new value by embracing Camper's brand identity and the originality of my design as Camper has collaborated a number of projects with distinctive international creators until now.
The red flower blossoms with an emphasis on the corporate color are in full bloom in the store. The store shares the similar world-view of the Bouquet Chair and brings elation to the viewers. It expresses the nature of tissue installation on more permanent basis.
- SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills by Philippe S…tarck
- Swedish shopping centre's swooping entra…nces "drag people inside" says architect
- TA-ZE by Burdifilek
- Fabbrica by Tjep.
- Restaurant for CGSH by Roberto Murgia, F…abiola Minas and Simona Oberti
- David Adjaye completes Roksanda Ilincic'…s first London boutique
- Alemanys 5 by Anna Noguera
- Shopify offices by MSDS Studio feature m…eeting rooms designed to look like shipping containers
- The New Craftsmen opens first permanent …space in London’s Mayfair
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories