Karina Tollman and Philipp Thomanek of Israeli studio k1p3 have completed the interior of a bridal concept store in Tel Aviv for fashion designer Hila Gaon.
Dresses from the current collection are hung in a gallery-like space.
The complete collection is stored in an illuminated, translucent cupboard spanning the length of one wall.
A large dressing room and fitting area are provided for the bride and bridal party.
Store mannequins were custom made by k1p3 based on traditional seamstress dummies.
Below the store is Gaon's workshop, fitted with second-hand furniture from vintage markets.
Photos are by Ardon Barhama.
More info from k1p3:
We are a young Tel Aviv architecture practice [back from London for 9 years now], we do mainly retail and residential work and some artist collaborations.
Wedding gown shop in Tel Aviv for local fashion designer Hila Gaon.
Is a concept shop where 9 dresses hang/hover alone outside, in a dark gallery like space, representing the different collections and one lit, long, translucent cupboard wall contains all the rest of the collections [apx170dresses].
On the right is a second white space with a large mirror wall and a dressing room for the bride + entourage.
The store works by appointment, and contains the haute couture workshop underneath.
The manequins were custom made by us according to old seamstress dolls. Most of the furniture is vintage and fleemarket.
We collaborated with graphic designer Nurit Koniak for the logo and branding and the photographs were taken by photographer Ardon Barhama.
Architects Karina Tollman & Philipp Thomanek, k1p3 architects.
Click on the plan for larger image
- Deco Pattern House by Peter Kostelov
- Frank Lloyd Wright: From Within Outward …at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Amano Design Office wraps Tokyo office b…lock with steel ribbons
- Pinohuacho Observation Deck by Rodrigo S…heward Giordano
- Art school extension with wooden stairs …and bridges by Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios
- Casa Moliner by Alberto Campo Baeza
- Paratelier's concrete house recycles ext…ernal formwork inside
- Big and small windows balance views with… privacy at Atelier Delphine Carrère's Villa Chiberta
- UK Pavilion at Shanghai Expo 2010 by Tho…mas Heatherwick - more images
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories