Polish designer Jakub Piotr Kalinowski has created a stool inspired by origami.
Called .ORI sto, the stool is made of folded metal and can be stacked.
Here's some more information from the designer:
.ORI sto. It is a simple stool inspired by origami. As a result of that arose a product of a light and simple form.
Use of a bending and cutting method allowed to satisfy main design assumption: simplicity and lost manufacturing costs, by dint of that the mass production is possible.
That is why this stool is aimed to a mass customer: can be used in both public institutions and private houses. Currently .ORI sto. is in a prototype realization stage.
- Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty opens… at London's V&A
- Newton by Staffan Holm and Dan Sunaga
- Totemism: Memphis meets Africa at Desi…gn Indaba Expo
- Takashi Murakami at the Château de Ve…rsailles
- Grid Plank and Grid Table by Daphna La…urens
- Nendo's 3D-moulded light shades use tr…aditional washi paper
- The Woods by StokkeAustad and Andreas …Engesvik
- Tour Eiffel and Taj Mahal by Studio Jo…b
- Design With Conscience at Vivid Galler…y
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories