Polish designer Jakub Piotr Kalinowski has created a stool inspired by origami.
Called .ORI sto, the stool is made of folded metal and can be stacked.
Here's some more information from the designer:
.ORI sto. It is a simple stool inspired by origami. As a result of that arose a product of a light and simple form.
Use of a bending and cutting method allowed to satisfy main design assumption: simplicity and lost manufacturing costs, by dint of that the mass production is possible.
That is why this stool is aimed to a mass customer: can be used in both public institutions and private houses. Currently .ORI sto. is in a prototype realization stage.
- Parkcycle Swarm by Rebar Group and N55
- Link by PearsonLloyd
- Dezeentalks at [D3] Design Talents: Harr…y Thaler
- ReCollections by Kiki van Eijk and Joost… van Bleiswijk
- Postfossil at Milan 2010
- Tropism: Commonwealth vs. Joshua Davis
- Synthetic creatures could "save nature" …says Alexandra Daisy Ginsberg
- Roger Arquer at Dezeen Platform
- Studio Swine uses aluminium foam to crea…te Metallic Geology cabinets
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories