Polish designer Jakub Piotr Kalinowski has created a stool inspired by origami.
Called .ORI sto, the stool is made of folded metal and can be stacked.
Here's some more information from the designer:
.ORI sto. It is a simple stool inspired by origami. As a result of that arose a product of a light and simple form.
Use of a bending and cutting method allowed to satisfy main design assumption: simplicity and lost manufacturing costs, by dint of that the mass production is possible.
That is why this stool is aimed to a mass customer: can be used in both public institutions and private houses. Currently .ORI sto. is in a prototype realization stage.
- Featured event: Show RCA 2011
- Batavus Utility Bike by VanBerlo
- Dezeen Watch Store identity by Zerofee
- The Scent of Crystal by Tokujin Yoshioka
- Crystallisation water dress by Iris van …Herpen
- "You can design anything and have it 3D-…printed"
- Benjamin Hubert plays with slip-casting …process to create seamed ceramic tableware
- Heads or Tails by Nendo
- Mini by Designerette
Sign up for a daily roundup
of all our stories